I don't have the history you do...not even close...but I'm curious about your comment about E-mu and mostly because I bought one of the XK-6 keyboards twenty years ago, acquired a couple nice ROMs to go with it over time (Techno Synth Construction Yard and Proteus 2000). I've thought about selling the keyboard (too big for the space I have) and getting one of the E-mu modules that has 4 SIMM sockets to use the two extra ROMs but people are asking crazy $ for the ROMs which I can easily use to support my newfound modular addiction :) It would be cool if there was a way to use the ROMs I have as a sample source for my modular setup...plug the ROM into a module and boom, tons of nice sounds
-- jb61264

No can do. E-Mu's modular days began in the early 1970s and went up to the point when the original Audity (not the Proteus variation, but a much more complex device) was being designed c. 1979...when they realized that there's only a few customers for those huge systems. So they started to retool slightly, which is when they dove into digital devices such as the Emulators, the Drumulator, etc. Those have more in common with the XK-6...which, in truth, is a synth that was a product of E-Mu and Ensoniq together after both brands were acquired by a third party in Singapore that was much more interested in computer audio. That's also why you don't see any new E-Mu or Ensoniq stuff anymore, and haven't for many years. Damn shame, really...