Hi all,

I am hoping to get recommendations for how to fill out a Make Noise 104hp skiff that I am putting together for which I have already purchased three modules: DPO, Maths, and a Rosie. I suspect that like most decisions in putting together a modular, there are so many ways to fill it out that it is largely a matter of taste. However, even if you cannot give specific recommendations, perhaps you can help me with more generic recommendations. For example, while it's obvious that I need the basics to produce a single voice, perhaps you recommend that I double up on certain things to eke out a second voice.

Here is the skiff, with the DPO, Maths, and Rosie that I have already purchased on the left and modules that I am thinking about buying on the right. [For some reason the view below is not updating. The modules are separated in this screenshot.] The DPO & Maths are fairly large, however I figure that these modules' high level of versatility justify the cost in space. I pray that I have not made a mistake in going with the very large & expensive DPO.

ModularGrid Rack

I aim to use this for noise/ambient performances; the kinds of sounds that I would ideally like to achieve with it are fairly diverse, in order from most to least important: non-musical sounds (e.g. crickets, water, birds, other non-musical tactile sounds; I am very impressed with Silver Apples of the Moon); dark, muscular drone; and pretty arpeggios/sequences controlled by Ableton via a midi interface. I appreciate that these may be too diverse to achieve simultaneously in such a small system, but I'd like to get as close as possible. In any case, this synth will be supplemented with a computer producing sound via ableton live/max.

In the rack above, I've tentatively decided on the Ripples because, from what I've heard, it is a very smooth, pretty filter, the Intellijel uVCA because it is a compact dual VCA, and the EON because it packs a lot into a small space including an LFO and noise output. Alternatively, I've also had my eye on the Tiptop Z2040 LP-VCF instead of the Ripples.

What other modules would you recommend I fill out the skiff with to achieve a full featured but compact performance setup? Would you recommend that I reconsider any of my tentative decisions? Thank you!