Thread: First build

why I would want to go bigger if my goal is to have a reasonably simple single voiced synth with effects
-- keefo

Now count up the ways you have to generate independent or even linked modulation. Maths can do a lot, but not nearly enough.

-- plragde

OK I can get onboard with that - makes total sense - more utility and modulation sources will allow more manipulation of the system - i think with greenfly's suggestion of the quadratt, adding another VCO and also bringing in some more modulation sources from the likes of pam's new workout could bring out more from what's already there,

Haven't thought out the new additions fully but something like this
ModularGrid Rack
will give me a lot more control over the basic system and fx

Thanks for feeding back.. I think I'm content with the 104 4u case for this - and know where I'm starting from and roughly where I'm building to - maybe some slight alterations along the way - I'm ok with the limit being there size wise.. if I do for some reason want to expand the scope of what I'm doing I can pull it up to another case whilst keeping this one somewhat free to pull out when needed

Also thanks for the vid recommendation greenfly - ive been watching a lot of videos over the past few weeks, will have a look at these now!