Been trying to figure out what I would be missing by going with the Delta-V. Mixer, attenuverters?

Yes, though 3xMIA or other modules can compensate. Also if you use the built-in VCAs in Delta-V, you have no access to the envelope. And you don't have the EOR/EOC outputs which in a larger rack can be a useful source of gates.

The "Maths illustrated supplement" illustrates how to do many tasks on Maths, but not why. That you have to ferret out for yourself. It is a little like learning by rote; some manage to go beyond, but many do not. In the link in my signature I try to take a more generalizable approach to that learning using another module (Falistri), in the hopes that the lessons should transfer to other modules such as Delta-V and Maths.

I have Pam's, it is terrific, and µO_c is on my watch list. I don't think you can go wrong with those. There is a choice of firmwares with µO_c. Hemisphere allows for two independent halves, but with a simpler set of functions. I am more tempted by the original firmware, which looks deeper. You don't have to choose except if your supplier asks which firmware you want loaded initially; you can reflash the module yourself.