You can totally make a cool groove box in 62, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I've got a percall-based drum rack in 48hp and it rules.

I think the pallette case only has 12 headers (probably you can extend somehow, but not sure), so that might be a limitation.

my notes w/ it:

-The kickall looks badass, but you can make a pretty sweet kick w/ a vco + percall + attenuation if you wanted to save a module. If you ran the envelope out from the percall into the pitch of the VCO w/ some attenuation you can get a good kick timbre.
-I do white noise for 'hats' channels 3/4 and combo a mult of it with the pico vco for a snare (which sounds good).
-A simple drum machine w/ percall could be: VCO + Pico VCO + Percall + Attenuation + White Noise + Triggers. a module like the Junction (or a triplatt, etc.) can mix the noise and do the attenuation. For this i went with:
- Percall / 1u VCO / Pico VCO / Noise Tools (which can be the sample and hold and a slew!) / Junction
- with the 1U midi, that leaves 43hp and four headers of room for whatever sequencing, voice, effects you are interested in! The pico drums could hop back in as well.
Trigger Sequencing: There are tons of ways to go. I like things that you can 'mute' to make it for fun to play, so i'd go with something like a Tempi, Permutation, or a Running Order. I put in the Maestro, which I haven't tried, but think it'd be cool in this set-up, given that it can trigger or make complex (and mutable) modulation
-Just to 'finish it off' I also put a domino as a voice and a Milky Way for effects (and mixing). For cv sequencing the domino, i thought quantizing (the disting) a LFO (attenuated by the junction) from the maestro would be good way to get melodic cv.

-Other cool sequencing options I could see: Marbles (which would be another way to get melodic cv) and the Kompass for drums. Though, these don't have 'mutes'.
-Honorable Mention: Dark Matter. Running percall into that is pretty savage.

I think i'd prob have fun with this:

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1819734.jpg