Hello @ascrawa,

In the case that you might not already be aware of this, I thought I'd mention that the Westlicht PER|FORMER is offered as a DIY build only, not as a complete module from Westlicht. In addition, it is only offered as a bare PCB and faceplate - I haven't seen it sold as a complete kit anywhere (in other words, you would have to source all of your own components). I don't know if you have any previous soldering or electronics experience, but it is stated as being a project for experienced builders: the PCB appears to require a hefty amount of surface-mount soldering, which is something that I personally don't feel ready to attempt even after completing about 10 through-hole DIY module projects of my own. Of course, you can buy one built by a third-party individual, but I would be strongly hesitant to do that personally, unless the builder has proven themselves to be absolutely capable.

As far as thoughts on the rack build you've presented, I agree with a lot of what @Lugia and @JimHowell1970 have already mentioned above. Some specific suggestions/thoughts I have on it are:

1. I would at least halve the number of sound sources in the rack. For one this size I would shoot for a total of four or less voices.
  2. Rainmaker is a huge module. I would only put it in a rack this size if you have only one or two voices that the rack is being built around, with Rainmaker being planned as a major component of one or both of those voices. Removing Rainmaker would free up a lot of room for other things (see below).
  3. If you go with four or less voices, and as an alternative to the PER|FORMER, I would recommend Erica Synths Black Sequencer. In my opinion, it is one of the most feature rich and user-friendly "in-rack" sequencers available for Eurorack. The firmware is still being refined, but it is already an excellent and highly capable module.
  4. I'd add at least one more filter. Though, it all depends on what types of voices and sounds you ultimately decide to go for.
  5. I would add quite a lot more dedicated modulation sources. I'm not a big fan of multi-function modules like Ornament & Crime and Disting. I find it more satisfying and usable to have a user layout designed around a specific function, rather than having a generic/minimal layout trying to cater to many possible functions. That is just my personal preference though. And it is always important to remember that you'll only be able to use a limited number of those possible functions at any given time (one, in most cases, as far as I understand).

I see those as some starting points for a revision of the rack, but certainly not a final or comprehensive set of suggestions. You'll find that there will be further refinements to make as you change things up, especially in the utility module department.

I hope you find some of that useful!
-Chace