i fell backwards into modular a few months back during a lengthy study into the nature of continuous physical systems and chaotic resonance.

i've intentionally avoided forums, cultural events, and music-in-general for the last ~year as a means of incubating endogenous emergent patterns. i decide to build modules by reading their description and if the purpose is inscrutable then i buy it or build from schematic. manuals and instructions are discarded.

i have no idea what i'm doing.

but i made this a couple nights ago. this is a single track recording of a live jam... i popped a microphone into my amp box and the record button on audacity, then recorded that output into my iiphone.

again, no idea what the hell i'm supposed to do here.

the only thing programmed or sequenced is the kick and snare, which are happening at regular intervals. the remainder of the variation is either emergent from the system itself, or me twiddling on a time control delay knob, or a set of ADSR sliders. that's about it.

a colleague said that this sounds like something from the blade ii soundtrack but i think it sounds like complex nonsense.