"i'll check out the SISM and Triplatt, as well. probably hard to envision how useful these kinda modules are until yr actually using them."

example: let's say I'm sending an LFO through a quantizer (like Intellijel Scales) to get pitch and trigger outs. Let's say I want 1 octave range of pitch info output from my quantizer, and the LFO outputs -5 to +5v. Then the LFO is giving me 10 octaves of pitch range, I need to scale that down by an order of magnitude, so the range is 1v; I probably also have to shift the center of the LFO range up or down to get to my desired pitch register.

That type of scenario happens super often: the control signal output range is way bigger (or sometimes smaller) than you want, and often with a different center point. Hence the ability to scale and shift is control signals is super important. My example above applies to pitch, but very similar things happen with filter and timbre controls. More often than not, if I'm using control voltage, I have to constrain it in some way to put it into a musical range for the given application.