Hi folks, thanks for the suggestions!

I can offer a little more explanation of what I'm looking for: let's say I have 4 input signals (audio or CV) 1234 and I'd like to output any 1 at a time. Yes a sequential switch would do that, and it would let me produce sequences like 1234, 2341, 3412, 4123. BUT that gives access to only 4 of 24 possible permutations of 1234 --> I'd like access to all 24, including things like 1324, 4132, etc. that can't be done easily with basic switches. A switch with CV-address like Doepfer A-152, BossBow2, or NE Vice Virga could access all potential permutations, but its driven by CV and would generally need to be CV sequenced to generate the flexible output I'm looking for. I have and use BossBow2, it's super, but it is not the right fit for this particular situation. Rather here, I'm looking to gain access to all sequential permutations of input signals, with selection driven by trigger or gate. Why? Because my trigger / gate sequencers are super hands on / intuitive / visual SO I'd love to get to use them in this type of setup and extend their functionality in my rig beyond the traditional use as perc triggers. Imagine hocketing anything in any pattern with the entire pattern immediately visible and touchable, controlled by Tiptop Circadian --> that's the type of outcome I'm looking for here. (BTW I'm updating the thread name to be hopefully more indicative of my interest here.)

Best fit trigger/gate controlled selector/switch I can find so far for these purposes is Verbos Sequence Selector (VSS): the setup is inputs to Signal Selector A (or B) and gate signal to Stage Select In. The bad news is VSS lists over $400, is 16HP, and this use case uses at most 30% of the module. SO I'm crossing my fingers it may be possible to find something that is basically the bottom half of VSS, with a lesser HP and $ footprint.

Net net, it's kind of a strange duck use case, and I'll go with VSS if there aren't lower HP / $s alternatives.

Thanks again for the ideas folks!

Nicholas