https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2074210.jpg

My interests are creating bleepy bloopy electro and drone and textural weirdness from blissful new-age all the way to malevolent noise, so the Chipz and Cellz bundle plus Eowave Weather Drones gives me an intro to both aspects: two very different voices plus routes to combining them, for an unexpectedly reasonable price.

I'm trying to cover a wide range of musical and technical bases in a small footprint for a relatively modest cost, so the first purchase is the bundle, Chipz & Cellz with case and cables, plus the two Takaab modules. Next comes Weather Drones, then the 2hp modules to incrementally increase functionality in rhythmic and melodic areas. At some point I'll probably get a Beatstep Pro but initially I'll be exporting straight to DAW or into a Tascam digital recorder.

Since I have the knowledge of a gibbon and the skills of a neanderthal I've tried to approach it the way I would conceptualize a visual art or writing project, thinking things through in terms of thematic lines and desired affect. This technique has served me well making ambient music in MIDI, although I admit I might be an idiot for trying to apply it to literal pieces of actual technology.

Literal and thematic criticisms are, ofc, both equally valid and welcome, but try to be kind. Or if you're being brutal, try to be constructive!