Two powerful modules all together in a drone/industrial/post apocalyptic ambiance. Quadrax and Plaits.

-- -ADR-

I literally just updated to firmware v1.2 on Plaits Friday night and have been extensively playing with the Orange settings...great, great stuff.

Thanks for sharing your video explorations! :)
-- Jukeshoe

awesome stuff,i tried updating to last firmware playing from my laptops headphone out into plaits,but it failed,have to try from my phone maybe

-- Broken-Form

It took me about 10-15 tries to get it to work, it was a bit of a hassle, but well worth it!

It really wants you to dial the "gain" in to the 2-3 LED range, anything above is too loud and will give you the red lights. Anything below is too quiet and the signal doesn't seem to transfer.

I ended up switching from one laptop to another, and while dialing in the gain settings, finally got it to go thru.

Keep trying! :)

Detailed instructions under 'Firmware Update Procedure' can be found
here.

Note: it says to start with the dial at 12 oclock, but if the gain's too low, it really wants you to start it at a higher level, or at least that's how I got it to eventually work. If you try to start it and then up the gain, it doesn't seem to work. I'd start at 12 and if that doesn't do the trick, then try initiating the sequence with the dial in a more clockwise position. :)

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche