I know this might be a daft question but looking for some feedback in terms of my journey through all this.

I guess I've been pursuing the idea of adding more and more modules in a kind of 'how can I make this next one work with EVERYTHING else'.. and eventually ending up with a complete mush of nonsense. And as a musician and producer of a couple of things I really should know better but it hasn't really clicked with modular until just now that I don't have to use EVERY module all at once just cos they're all nicely lined up in a case.

I've been having a good evening just mixing say 2 modules together, and then trying 2 others to see if I can compose something musical (in the harmonic sense of the word as I'm not opposed to discordant random noise either).

For example like many people I imagine, its been very hard to integrate Subharmonicon into anything because it's so challenging to tune. But isolated and quantized it becomes a very different animal capable of some very versatile melodies.

So how has other people's journeys been? Has it been a case of trying to throw it all together like me or more of a thought out process of 'less is more' sometimes..