Hi everyone,

I just made the jump into eurorack and I'm looking to create atmospheric and ambient music: long, slowly evolving sounds with interesting percussive textures that gradually emerge and dissappear. I'll be sending data to the system with a Digitakt, hence the uMidi. My case is a synthrotek 84hp 6U +1U.

ModularGrid Rack

I'm curious what others think about the setup. Am I missing anything essential? Are there redundancies that I should address? Your help is much appreciated. A brief rationale for each module is below.

Thank you for your time!

Model D - an easy way to get a complete synth voice. I plan to use it for drones and patch other sources through its filter for interesting effects. The ext audio in is also cool.

Lo Fi - I'm looking for warbles and a way to treat big atmospheric freeze effects with a cassette tape hue

Magneto - great way to create complex delays with simple melodic and/or percussive sequences

Clouds - useful for ambient work, freeze effects, and more

Ripples - I need a filter beyond the model D. This seems nice.

Quad VCA - You can never have too many VCAs. This one seems useful for controlling all sorts of modulations with the effects.

2hp Euclidean - cool rythmic tool for controlling effect parameters on Magneto, Lo-Fi, and maybe clouds?

4ms Clock Divider - cool way to use Plaits as a percussion tool and get different kinds of sounds, all in sync. Shift function is also a plus.

Plaits - This seems like a great VCO: versatile, melodic, percussive. I want another VCO beyond the D's in order to create paraphonic sequences that slowly appear and disappear.

1U Stuff: Umidi conversion to process data from the digitakt, buff multi, mixers, master headphone out, etc.