Thread: Patch help

Oh, yeah...this is coming along. BTW, as for oscillators...there's actually the dual output from the Cloud Terrarium and the duo of dual crossmod-capable VCOs from Noise Reap. And in this build, the gap between the Noise Reaps is meant to have a Happy Nerding FM Aid, which can then tandem those into one OBSCENELY massive single, complex FM tonescaper. Yep, this is one of my designs, actually.

The point about adding another "relatively normal" VCF makes sense, though...hence the expansion space on the left end. MY vote there would be for something else complex...I was thinking about Doepfer's Xpander VCF, but mated with another of their little 4-in mixers so that it's possible to create "composite" filter responses. Best spot: between the Morgasmatron and Veils. The build's sort of a "every coast" design, so having things like that are an excellent fit...Buchla on the cheap!

So...melodics...here's a suggestion: feed just one VCO from one of the Noise Reaps into the Fold Processor, then instead of using a filter to mess with the timbre, feed the Fold's CV controls with some modulation sources (envelopes especially) so that you get a very in-your-face sound that has a shifting timbral "punctuation" at the attack of each note. Then send that right into one of the VCAs, no filtering, toneshaping purely done West Coast style with the Fold. There's a lot of that sort of thing lurking in there...explore and find MORE! Just don't connect outputs to outputs...but everything else is fair game.