this user has left ModularGrid

@JimHowell1970,

Many thanks your advice is always solid and on point. No rush, I still am watching videos on Piston Honda MK3, Hertz Donut and have used the Plaits and other MI modules in VCVRack. These seem like fun great VCOs to get or perhaps another complex oscillator like the Verbos or Instruo for my setup. Another one that looks fun is the Rossum Trident Oscillator. Good to know about Rings vs Plaits. What exactly does Rings do? I love Plaits well at least the one in the VCVRack software that I messed around a bit as well as Marbles and Elements.

@the-erc,

I have multiple sequencers that I use externally:

Varigate 4+ in other rack
Make Noise 0-ctrl
Korg SQ-1
Elektron Analog 4 MK2 with CV control
Elektron Octatrack via MIDI to CV

I do have fun also using LFO and Quadrax to drive things which I've done a few times for fun experiments which has quite interesting effects. Of these sequencers, my least favorite is the Varigate 4+ man that thing sucks balls and is a royal PITA to get decent precise sequencing done. Strangely enough, the Korg SQ-1 has the best overall ease of use and gets the job done well as do the sequencers in the Elektron Analog 4. The 0-ctrl from Make Noise is very fun sort of a mini Rene meets Pressure Points without the cartesian features of the Rene. I like using that as a mini keyboard. Modules like the Doepfer A110-2 Basic VCO, Richter Anti-Oscillator and Noise Engineering Cursus Iteritas work well to create sequenced leads, pads or bass lines with it.

The Korg SQ-1 and Elektron Analog 4 do well sequence drum stuff like my Noise Engineering BIA.

No rush as I spent a huge amount already on two 6U racks and one is completely full that has Doepfer A100 Basic System modules and other ones I added and the second 6U is half full.