Thanks for the feedback.

you spent a few hours?!?!?! - hahaha hahaha and you seem to consider that "a lot of effort" hahahahaha and you spent 1200€ or so hahahaha

Well, I'm not claiming this took tons of effort to build, as it is only a minimal beginners eurorack setup to add to an already existing and constantly changing semi-modular setup. I know building a perfect eurorack takes years of research and buying modules to achieve something special, and that it is something that just can not be done in just a few hours. I'm just claiming I didn't go buy some random modules, without know what I'm buying. And I did ask myself first what I want to build and what I needed to buy to do that. I also researched the 'cons' of the rackbrute before buying the case with the wart.

maybe maybe I would have bought the erica wavetable - you need a vco and it's a vco - no opinion on it other than that

I first had the waldorf nw-01 in mind as a VCO. The erica just seemed to sound better to my ears.

why 2 filters?

Most of my favourite synths have 2 filters. I mostly use a first one to modulate the frequency with a lot of resonance, and than a second lowpass to just roll off the access of harshness of the resonance.

why only a dual vca? you can never have enough vcas!!!! obviously you didn't spend enough time on you tube (MylarMelodies video) - well maybe you can have enough (eventually) but as a first vca a quad cascading one like veils or intellijel is a better buy as they are more versatile

I could also use the fieldkit FX as extra VCA's, I think? It's a starter setup. I can always add more later, not?

why adsrs? mostly ads are used in modular - unless you are "playing a keyboard"!
If I'd play it with the keystep ADSR envelopes would be better than AD envelopes, right?

do you need attenuators and multiples in the rack yet - probably not

I'd use the attenuators and multiples to split and control modulation sources of the analog 4. Maybe I don't need them yet in this minimal setup, but they were cheap anyway, and I reckon they will become handy later if the setup grows.

why grandpa - wait until clouds 2 arrives check that out first - it will be soon - maybe even this year!!!
why disting mk4 when EX exists?

Will be looking into those as alternatives. Thanks!

to make this more rack more interesting quickly - add a another vco (something cheap and analogue, the doepfer basic one is fine or dreadbox or whatever) - add kinks - add a matrix mixer (doepfer is good but large - so maybe an AISynthesis one) - maths - really add maths and weep at the lack of space in the puny rack with the 5hp rack wart - add a fx aid or better yet fx aid xl or 2 - get a waveshaper - get a sequential switch - get a random modulation source - get a chaotic modulation source - get some sub mixers - or don't - play with what you have and learn it inside out
-- JimHowell1970

Any opinions on marbles?