Hi Jeff,

Yeah fully understand your point 1 now. Point 2, yes, control centre might be still right here and indeed the MiniBrute 2S can be used for that. Point 3, ok, understood; as well as point 4.

Okay fair enough, you use the MiniBrute 2S in a way I used the Neutron (from Behringer) and it's similar like your situation that it has 2 VCOs, a filter, 2 EGs and (only) 1 LFO but please keep in mind that once you go for your Eurorack that you usually not using everything from that Hybrid Modular system (i.e. your MiniBrute or mine Neutron). I still use once and a while the LFO and the two VCOs, but that's usually it.

So your plan is clearer now and from that point of view it's okay. I still do think that 2 * 88 - 5 HP = 171 HP in total is going to be a bit too less on the medium/long run, on the other hand I have seen a beautiful setup here who does the same as you the Minibrute connected to an empty rack of Aturia. It goes quite nice together indeed and it looks pretty nice, so from that point totally understood. But please don't be surprised that after a year or so you will start considering a second rack ;-)

Still my advice stands to not buy everything in one go, instead do it step by step, a few modules in one-go as a maximum, get some experience and understand the modules you bought and then add some more, etcetera.

Yeah go for it, have fun with it and if you have particular questions about modules or other stuff just shout.

Good luck, Garfield.

Edit: removed typo.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads