MIDI to CV from the FUTURE
1983 is a polyphonic MIDI to CV interface with creative voice allocation and automatic tuning capabilities. There are 4 channels of CV and GATE outputs that can be used in various layouts such as hybrid splits between monophonic and polyphonic voices or velocity, CC, aftertouch, triggers, clock or reset.
Each channel is able to LISTEN to the simple waveforms of the oscillators and with a single press of the TUNE button, it adjusts the CV outputs to the same tuning (such as A = 440 Hz in equal temperament or others). It also maps the response for all 7 octaves so all the oscillators are perfectly in tune with each other (and with other instruments). PURE MAGIC!
When the UPDATE jack is used, it forces the outputs to update only when a trigger is detected.
1983 always stores the notes played in a legato sequence in a buffer and the WINDOW jack allows for selecting which of these notes appear at the outputs.
This way the MIDI keyboard can be used as an input interface for harmonies and note sets that are further creatively processed with triggers and CV in the modular environment.
The TRANSPOSE jack shifts the outputs by semitones, fifths or octaves and the PORTAMENTO jack sets the glide time by CV.
- 4 channels of CV and GATE
- LISTEN input per channel for automatic tuning
- automatic tuning by a single button press (offset & scaling correction)
- several tuning systems (equal temperament, just intonation, A = 440/432 Hz etc.)
- LAYOUT selection (4 voice, 3+1 voice, 2 velocity voice, 4×1 voice, 8 triggers, 8 CCs, 4 triggers + velocity)
- each layout can map outputs of channel D to MIDI Clock (adjustable divider) and reset
- LEARN mode to assign MIDI channel and other properties
- UPDATE jack to quantize outputs to clock or trigger sequences
- WINDOW jack to creatively allocate notes in the buffer to available voices
- TRANSPOSE CV to shift outputs by semitones, fifths or octaves
- PORTAMENTO CV to adjust glide time
This Module is a prototype or in a concept phase.$280 Price in € submitted May 4th, 16:45 by mramlu | last Change Sunday December 09, 06:52 by denneyjs
6 Users are observing this