Alter is an effects processor for eurorack format. There are two versions which are visually identical except the name "Alter 1" and "Alter 2". This is Alter 1. Internally each has an entirely different set of effects from the other. Each features 7 different DSP effects meticulously designed over the course of a year by Arius Blaze with digital programming, additional design and input by Nico Raftis of Macro Machines.
These design will also be available in pedal format and three Alters with slightly different design and mic amplification will be built into the new garden. The pedals and the garden will be here on display and ready for preorder in June.
Note that these are currently available for preorder and will be shipping at the start of August if not sooner.
- controls for mix, X, Y and filter as well as clock.
- all effects have a variation of a filter which may change effect to effect.
- X and Y control various rates, feedback and time over the different effects (note that some of the images shows a prototype whcih says "rate" under two of the pots. The faceplate has been changed to X and Y).
- clock control adjusts the rate which controls the DSP which can drastically change the effect. In doing so it does slightly lower the quality of the output signal but the results are fantastic. This clock is not for synchronization.
- mix, X, Y and filter all have CV control inputs.
- Each control level or cv input is visualized on the control panel.
Ins and Outs
- stereo inputs with separate gain control for right and left channels
- peak level indicator for clipping levels at the input
- mono input is made stereo within dsp and outputs to both left and right channels
- stereo outputs for right and left channels
The effect is selected by the hexagonal touch pad.
The effects for Alter 1 are as follows:
1) long delay
2) tight, notated granular delay
3) huge plate reverb
4) shimmering reverb
5) distortion and multi-filter
6) pitch delay
7) stutter glitch
160 mA +12V
0 mA -12V
0 mA 5V
25 mm Depth
This Module is a prototype or in a concept phase.$279 submitted Jun 7th 2017, 20:56 by harvestman | last Change Jul 3rd 2017, 23:08 by folktek
Anonymous users have to activate their account to rate modules.
11 Users are observing this