Palette 4u // Oxide V1.1

Here's where I am currently landing with the Palette.

One of my goals with this setup is to have a flexible way to create rhythmic patterns with that fall somewhere between percussion and melodic content. Like a kick drum sound triggered in tandem with a grainy melodic one-shot sample at another pitch, and a third sound (say, a bell-like FM tone) coming from the VCO. The intention here is to be able to create a range of complex voices—with evolving envelopes, filtering, amplitudes, etc—i.e., 'sample fodder' for compositions I've got going in my DAW.

There are two main sound sources (macro oscillator and sampler), a VCF, and a 3 VCA mixer with overdrive. Plenty of hp dedicated to function generators and gates. I want to go deeper with fewer sound sources and have a lot of sound shaping choices available. And the MIDI to CV is in there to sync up with my desktop gear, VCV rack, etc. It would be fairly straightforward to put together simple patches that shift into more textural rhythmic territory, get droney, go percussive, and get melodic and/or arpeggiated.

I compromised a bit on FX, leaning on the MK4 for that, as well as some external gear. My semi-modular offers S&H / slew, noise, analog VCOs, BBD delay, so that will help round things out.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking.