Ah, don't know - I think voter turnout was higher than with any british election before and I would also count not voting as not caring and beeing fine with any outcome, especially in this situation. That's what leaves me confident to say that it's what the majority voted for.

As far as I know it was only possible to state if the United Kingdom should remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union. Either or and pretty straight forward. So what else did they thought they voted for?

And it did not seem to be particulary difficult to acquire information about what this actually means if one wanted to. It's not that it was not obvious that nigel farage is a fascist dickhead. And being lied to is not the whole story as everyone had the choice whom they wanted to listen to.

So yes, the majority voted for following nationalism, throwing the Polish out of the country and making Brittania great again. Of course that is terrible for all other people and making this a referendum is a totally stupid if not ethically immoral idea, especially when one does it out of merely tactical considerations. But I guess this is not the place to discuss these things.

Unfortunately for eyeryone a UK category would make sense now. Of course one could still try to build a network with Irish modular freaks to get around this...