@Lugia, thanks for the ideas above!

Great to hear "there's not much in the way of issues here." Your recommendations to swap in 3xVCA and/or 2hp VCAs I will keep in mind going forward.

Re: Scales + Vector -- "you can generate psuedorandom contrapuntal patterns from keying the extra quantizer." Yes, I've been thinking about interesting use cases for the Quantizer + Sequencer configuration. Auto / pseudorandom counterpoint is a very interesting possibility. What I've NOT yet got a bead on is how I might constrain motion in the counterpoint line; let's say for example, I want my counterpoint to be about 45% contrary motion, 20% oblique, 20% similar stepwise, 10% other (e.g. parallel or similar motion by leaps). I DON'T have a good idea of how to implement such a "contrapuntal motion constraint" in modular, other than i) manually programming in the sequences (boring and not fundamentally different than using keyboard / mouse) or ii) manually setting the "shapes" for the contrapuntal lines (such as ramp up for voice 1 and ramp down at .5x rate for voice 2) while letting other factors be psuedorandom. Any ideas for a control scheme in modular that "opts in" desired (contrary + oblique) motion while limiting undesired (parallel and similar by leap) motion? My early sense is it would require a chain with slope detection (rising / falling) or difference detection (greater / lesser) plus some logic to do "not" and "or" functions BUT I can't really imagine the modules needed for implementation, or how to get them to work instantaneously (e.g. without being ruined by lag) to drive a 2nd derived (and semi-constrained) line from a primary voice.

BTW we've again arrived at a "control scheme" discussion. Maybe we port the discussion over to this larger thread I made on topic: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/9906

More broadly ... I will do a little dance! February = modular newbie, April = solid working mid-size rack (above). A lot of online research, patching, and friendly advice from MG forum have helped me cover a lot of ground fast. Thanks all!!!!