I think it would be interesting to be able to take sounds from a track in Ableton (for example, i have an iPad with some cool/different synths (Animoog and Sound Prism to name just a couple)...and run them through various modules in my rack and then back into another track in Ableton...would that be accomplished with some sort of 'sampler' module?

-- jb61264

if you had an ES-9, you could send and return the audio using that module alone, plus a suitable digital link to the Focusrite (like an ADAT Lightpipe). This would also result in having dedicated interface I/O for the modular alone, which isn't a bad idea because, well, CV Tools. And yes, you CAN simultaneously move audio and CV signals over the same Lightpipe and Expert Sleepers module.

I'm a little confused on this...ADAT Lightpipe is for an optical connection? The Focusrite 8i6 doesn't have an optical connection but does have an S/PDIF in and out...could that be used? would i instead use the ES-4 SPDIF/CV Interface and get the same functionality? Would I still need an ES-8 or ES-9?

JB