I love ModularGrid for planning out racks, but the one thing that keeps getting me is the panel versions feature.

It seems that whenever someone uploads a new image for a module, it also updates racks that already had the old primary panel version. Admittedly this is cosmetic, but it's a bit frustrating to come back to a rack and find that modules have changed color or design because someone else uploaded new images.

It wouldn't be such a big deal except that selecting an alternate panel doesn't actually seem to work most of the time. If I open a rack, get info on a module, and click an alternate panel, it does add that panel to one of my racks, but it's usually not the one the module was actually in. This would be a big change so please consider it a feature request, but it seems like it would solve several problems here to add panel versions to the module finder.

Ideally, when adding a module to a rack, ModularGrid should remember which panel was used so that new panel images don't automatically apply to existing racks. When deleting a module, the module should be archived rather than removed from existing racks. HP and 1U properties should also probably not be editable after a module is created.

And, at the very least, starting from a rack, clicking the "i" button on a module, and then selecting an alternate panel should always return to the same rack. (Usually I'm returned to a different rack with the module added there.)