next-gen analog complex oscillator || thru-zero phase modulation in the analog realm
Mindphaser is an analog dual complex oscillator designed for modern eurorack systems. Building on the familiar dual VCO core arrangement of Carrier and Modulator, Mindphaser leaves this bit of ancestral DNA behind with a toolkit designed from the ground up for modern eurorack performance and electronic music production.
A diverse palette of intermodulation and harmonic experimentation are offered through the Modulation Bus, Waveshaper and the Thru-zero Phase Modulation Bus. An intuitive interface provides colour-coded visual feedback while performing.
PRECISION ANALOG OSCILLATOR CORES
Two precision V/oct analog oscillator cores, which share base DNA but diverge in functionality. Both cores generate fundamental waveshapes which interact and mangle one-another through the Complex Modulation Bus and TZ-PM bus.
- Precision, high-stability wide-range ramp cores, each ranging from deep subsonic to supersonic frequencies (ramp cores are more suitable than triangles for Mindphaser's phase modulation)
- Simultaneous waveform outputs
- Dedicated button to toggle between RAMP and SAW output for each core
- V/oct, linear FM and exponential FM inputs which are all independent of the TZ-PM functionality.
- Linear FM inputs are AC-coupled
- Linear FM happens inside the CARRIER’s core, separate from the external TZ-PM BUS!
The heartbeat of Mindphaser. Drives the WAVESHAPER and TZ-PM bus. This core’s frequency range spans the audible spectrum.
- An external hard SYNC IN forcibly resets the core, useful for punchy sequences, percussive basslines and drum synthesis -- or to sync to another VCO.
- Coarse and fine controls span the audible spectrum. Can go further with external CV..
An extremely wide range oscillator, spanning from deep LFO frequencies all the way up to supersonic sound! Four base waveforms and diverse internal routing options form a versatile palette of modulations for the CARRIER to feed on.
- Activating hard SYNC on the Modulator locks its core to the Carrier’s heartbeat. The effect can be dramatic. Try this while phase modulating!
- Octave RANGE switch lets you quickly flick up and down between audio-rate octaves and LFO speed octaves. Perfect for experimenting with different PM sidebands and taming the wide frequency range of the Modulator.
- Manual PW (Pulse Width) control and dedicated CV input for PWM
This isn’t a classic waveshaper! Featuring FOLDing harmonics up to 5 octaves above the fundamental frequency, internal FEEDBACK, and full range (thru-zero) AM. A CLIP switch offers a final stage of harmonic addition, soft-clipping the peaks of the main output.
Switchable inverting attenuators on each CV input which illuminate red when you have inverted the CV input's polarity.
Thru-zero phase modulation in the ANALOG realm! Unlike its digital counterpart, analog TZ-PM has its own character we’ve come to expect from analog circuitry. Best of all, it can be combined with the WAVESHAPER and is independent of the CARRIER’s linear FM circuitry!
This is where things get interesting! Select from the PULSE, RAMP or SINE output of the MODULATOR (or inject your own SOURCE) and vary the bus INDEX manually or with CV. Control the overall INDEX here! MOD BUS send destinations include classic linear FM, AM, wavefolding, feedback and TZ-PM INDEX, with variable amounts and polarities!
Toggle the SHAPE of the signal feeding the WAVESHAPER with the button. The colour and display of Mindphaser updates as you change the base waveshape!
This Module is a prototype or in a concept phase.$598 Price in € submitted Jan 15th 2018, 01:56 by hexinverterdotnet | last Change Nov 24th, 14:31 by hexinverterdotnet
22 Users are observing this