clocked CMOS 1 bit VC noise gen
vcNOIZ is a unique sounding voltage controlled digital noise source. The frequency of the noise is both linearly and exponentially controllable by analogue control voltage signals. It creates positively raunchy C64-esque digital noise and sounds great for hihats and other sounds as well!
It will be available as a DIY project and complete module from the hexinverter.net online shop.
There are no microcontrollers used in this design. It is comprised entirely of CMOS logic and analog opamps, so does not suffer from aliasing or any other issues present in a microcontroller-based design.
- Expo. response CV input (-V to +V)
- Linear response CV input (-V to +V) -- great for audio rate FM, as the audio demo shows. It sounds positively gruesome!
- Clock input (square wave, positive logic)
- Pitch control (to tune base frequency, just like a VCO)
- Base frequency noise output (a little smoother sounding than the divisions) [audio coupled]
- Sub octave /4 output (gritty sounding) [audio coupled]
- Sub octave /8 output (gritty sounding) [audio coupled]
- Base frequency DC coupled gate output (for when wanting a random gate when using a slower clock/pitch rate)
- Internal clock output (there was an extra opamp, so I figured this could be useful)
Module Width: 6HP
Module Depth: 38mm
Current consumption: +35/-30mA @ 12V
Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
This Module is discontinued.$199 Price in € submitted Oct 6th 2013, 20:13 by hexinverterdotnet | last Change Sep 30th 2016, 19:17 by hexinverterdotnet