Super-enhanced version of the Polivoks VCO2. Comes as DIY kit.
Erica Synths super-enhanced Polivoks VCO uses the core of the original Polivoks VCO, but has plenty of modifications to adjust its performance to modular synth standards. DIY kit, as all Erica Synths Polivoks modules, comes with a set of the original Russian ICs and transistors.
Modifications, we did:
1) changed CVs to eurorack standard 1V/Oct (original has inverted CVs)
2) made all CV ins buffered in order to eliminate crosstalk and undesired detune (very few DIY kit producers buffer CV ins - mostly they are just summed on resistors). As result the VCO is surprisingly stable and tunes well.
3) made optional adjustments to output signal amplitudes and offsets - you can have the original output signals (they are totally different waveform to waveform) or make them standard 10Vptp
4) original Polivoks has interesting peak in the triangle waveform - we introduced optional filter to eliminate it or leave as it is
5) we significantly updated pulse wave circuit and introduced PWM - it sounds insanely great!
Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
No info about availability.$109 Price in € submitted Aug 7th 2014, 17:19 by Erica Synths | last Change Dec 29th 2014, 17:38 by Drakhe
2 Users are observing this