Jim, you're my toughest critic and I understand your point of view.

The modular world has captivated me while I try not to let my passion get out of hand. On the long run that could be a dilemma.

Hahaha... yes... I do understand though... I kind of started off with something of the same idea... but quickly outgrew my first case (which was over double the size of yours) which took about 6 months... so bought a second... but then I discovered video and DIY... I now have 8... BUT and this is why I always recommend a mantis as a 1st case: I oftem look back and see that a mantis (case no2) would have been big enough to meet all my needs & I'd quite likely stuck with that... without getting into the habit of adding more cases

the biggest problem I see in ALL small racks is the trying to cram too much in and not having enough utilities - which are by far the most important and useful modules in my opinion

Yes, the next logical step would be a bigger case. Even though my small system may seem ridiculous to most of the community, I'm pretty happy with it for now. Combined with my Subsequent 37 I can get a lot of movement and noise out of it.

Anyway I would like to replace the 903a with another module, preferably a second synth voice. Does anyone have a suggestion?
-- Jockl

there's not a lot of synth voices in 4hp or less: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=&SearchVendor=&SearchFunction=49&SearchSecondaryfunction=&SearchHeight=f&SearchTe=4&SearchTemethod=max&SearchBuildtype=&SearchLifecycle=&SearchSet=all&SearchMarketplace=&SearchIsmodeled=0&SearchShowothers=0&order=tag&direction=asc

out of those, I'd probably go for the erica pico voice, although my eperience with the pico series is both limited and frustrated... I had a pico seq and quite frankly found it near unuseable for my usecase - the lack of a reset input and the pressing of 2 buttons, one either side of the module in order to reset it made it impossible to use... ergonomics is really quite inportant!!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities