What do you get when you combine voltage controlled distortion and one of the most infamous bassdrums?
We took one of the most revered bassdrum synthesis designs of all time and completely redesigned it for use in a modular analogue synthesizer!
It's really two modules in one: a totally unique analogue bassdrum and a voltage controlled distortion module! (with the same topology as batteryACID!)
- analogue bassdrum circuitry capable of vanilla TR-808 sounds
- built in voltage controlled distortion (batteryACID distortion)
- distortion accepts external inputs when not being used with kick drum (great for acid synth leads)
- voltage control of distortion amount
- voltage control of decay from short kicks to long "ooooooooomphs"
- voltage control of pitch (approximates v/oct response, but not musically tuned)
- non-invasive analogue optocouplers used for voltage control, thus, completely vintage sounds can still be had if that's what you're after!
- completely redesigned, hi-fi signal chain spares no expense by replacing cheap transistor amplifiers with low noise opamp equivalents
- you can dial in super hot, modular level output levels (up to 20Vp-p!)
Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
This Module is currently available.$229 Price in €
submitted Jan 23rd 2014, 13:30 by hexinverterdotnet
| last Change
Sep 30th 2016, 19:17 by hexinverterdotnet
Specs are approved by the manufacturer