A classic electro percussion synthesis design reborn as something completely different.
We wanted to recreate a classic hihat synthesis design as something new and exciting, so, we took the super electro 808 circuit and transformed it into a powerful creative tool for modular synthesis!
While the internal noise generator is based on the metallic noise generator in the 808, you can plug virtually ANY sound source into the EXT input and make all sorts of cool hihats!
- analogue hihat circuitry capable of synthesising vanilla TR-808 open and closed hihat sounds (simultaneously)
- external audio input lets you synthesise hihats from virtually any sound source (Jupiter Storm, vcNOIZ, etc.)
- lo-fidelity original VCAs replaced by OTA-based modern VCAs
- VCA DRIVE control for each hihat allows you to dial in anything from soft metallic hihats to extremely overdriven, crunchy hihats
- Exclusive switch lets you select how the two hihats (open/closed) interact with eachother when triggered at the same time
- cutoff frequency control for internal resonant bandpass filter
- resonant filter can be switched on/off
- modular level mutual accent input (0-5V CV)
- trigger input accepts almost anything as a trigger signal
- non-invasive analogue optocouplers used for voltage control, thus, completely vintage sounds can still be had if that's what you're after!
- completely redesigned, hi-fi signal chain spares no expense by replacing cheap transistor amplifiers with low noise opamp and OTA equivalents
- you can dial in super hot, modular level output levels (up to 20Vp-p!)
Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
This Module is currently available.$229 Price in €
submitted Jan 23rd 2014, 13:27 by hexinverterdotnet
| last Change
Aug 18th 2020, 19:43 by hexinverterdotnet
Specs are approved by the manufacturer