A two channel Low Pass Gate with side-chain compression, providing simultaneous voltage control over amplitude and frequency content of a signal. It is in essence, a Voltage Controlled Filter Amplifier (VCFA) that has an extremely organic response to control signals. The Low Pass Gate is a classic West Coast synthesis circuit.
- Damp circuit accepts audio as well as CV - allows for patching side-chain compression.
- STRIKE INput allows use of Gate signal to trigger Low Pass Gate circuit, "plucking" or "striking" the vactrol
- DAMP and STRIKE parameters combine to allow for percussive sounds (sharp Attack w/ Voltage Controlled Decay)
- Normalization of a positive offset to the Channel inputs allows for level-shifting of CV, Envelope Generator and even subtle non-symmetrical clipping of signals
- Summing stage with an AUXiliary IN allows for chaining of multiple units creating larger mixes
- Direct coupled, process audio or control signals
- Utilizes 4 vactrols (photoresistive opto-isolators)
Ø 4.17 (12 Votes) Average Rating
submitted Apr 30th 2015, 16:25 by qu0ne
| last Change
Mar 3rd 2019, 02:37 by h2g2guy