Realtime granular processor with built-in CV-controlled random modulations.
A reinvention of Mutable Instruments Clouds, with hardware and software redesigned from the ground up, free of modes and bloat.
- Stereo I/O with automatic level detection.
- Manual override of the level detection.
- Automatic mono/stereo switching through patch cable detection.
- Recording time: 4s (48kHz 16-bit, stereo) to 32s (24kHz µ-law, mono).
- Four quality modes, with different tone and reverb characters:
- 48kHz 16-bit
- 32kHz 12-bit with Clouds emulation
- 24kHz 12-bit with a hi-fi dry signal path
- 24kHz µ-law with cassette emulation
- The FREEZE button and the gate input freezes the content of the recording buffer, allowing you to dive into its sonic details.
- Auto-saving of the FREEZE buffer.
Three grain generation modes:
- Latched (continuous), with a periodic or randomized rate, tracking V/O.
- Gated, with bursts of grains triggered by the press of the SEED button or an external gate.
- Clocked, with randomization or division of an external clock or trigger signal.
Four grain parameters:
- TIME. Temporal position within the buffer.
- SIZE. Grain duration from 0.03 to 4 seconds, forward or backward playback.
- SHAPE. Morphing between four key shapes of the grain envelope: solid rectangular, snappy decay, smooth bell, or reversed.
- PITCH. With V/O tracking.
Available for each of the four parameters of a grain, sampled each time a grain is started:
- Direct CV control.
- CV control of the amount of gaussian randomization.
- Internal randomization with an independent, uniform or peaky, random source.
- Control of both the base delay clock rate (DENSITY), and its multiplication (TIME), with optional random taps.
- Tap tempo with the SEED button or an external signal.
- Enveloping of delay repeats, with the SHAPE setting.
- Pitch shifting of the delayed signal, controlled by PITCH.
- Feedback path delay: 1 sample.
- Independent knobs for feedback, dry/wet amount, and reverb amount.
- CV input assignable to each of these three parameters, or to variable combinations of them.
- When unpatched, the R output is summed to the L output.
- Optional generation of a gate signal on the R output.
- All inputs: 100k impedance.
- Audio codec: 24kHz, 32kHz or 48kHz, 24-bit.
- 16-bit CV capture.
- Processing rate: audio-rate for the SEED and FREEZE inputs, 4kHz for the CV inputs.
- Latency: 0.25ms.
- CV input range: +/- 8V for grain parameters, +/- 5V for density (with V/O tracking) and assignable CV.
- Internal processing: 32-bit floating point.