Dual multimode filter
Dual multimode filter with CV-controlled, continuously variable filter response, filter routing, and an overdrive/wavefolding stage for each filter.
An essential overdrive circuit
- A CV-controlled overdrive stage precedes each of the two filters.
- Overdrive response continuously adjustable between soft-clipping and 2-stage wavefolding.
Two rich multimode filters
- Clean 2-pole (12dB/octave) state-variable design.
- CV-controlled filter response, continuously variable between low-pass, band-pass and high-pass.
- CV inputs with attenuverters for cutoff and resonance.
- Unattenuated frequency CV input, calibrated for 1V/Oct tracking.
- Clean and constant amplitude self-oscillation across the audio range, extending into very low frequencies.
- Modulating the filter response is akin to modulating the phase of the self-oscillation tone.
Unique routing possibilities
- Continuously variable (and CV-controlled) routing from single to parallel to series.
- With a signal patched into filter 2's audio input, the routing knob and CV act as a crossfader.
- Filter 2's cutoff can be set relatively to filter 1's cutoff.
- Fully analog, based on the V2164 quad VCA chip.
- Frequency knob range: 8Hz to 18kHz.
- Audio input impedance: 30k.
- DC-coupled audio inputs.
- Filter mode CV input impedance: 50k.
- Other CV inputs impedance: 100k.
- All CV inputs handle audio-rate modulations.