Interruptible Power Supply
IPS is a 4HP eurorack diy kit. It’s a switched-mode power supply that converts the 5V power from any USB interface/charger into +12V/-12V for your modular synthesizer. This does not allow you to power big racks but can easily power up a fully equipped 42HP case. Although the design of the IPS mainboard is modular/stackable to deliver more power. The kit includes whashers to stack the boards together to get more output power. You can also use the unit without frontpanel inside a case (no access to the SHUT inputs) if it has a power switch and a 5V input.
Positive and negative rails are independently built, and the circuits have shutdown inputs which are accessible thru two jacks on the frontpanel.
This gives you a very different approach to operate a connected module. By “proper” modulation of it’s own powersupply voltages any connected module(s) can operate then in a, let’s say: “near death state”, which can create interesting effects.
The kit also includes the babybusboard, which is a small busboard (7 outs) to distribute power to your moduels.
A 20cm cable and connectors come also with.
In a glimpse:
* modern and fast 1.2-2MHz switching regulators from LT deliver up to 300mA@12V and 150mA@-12V
* includes the babybusboard with 7 output connectors (flatmount, can directly be mounted on a surface)
* IPS mainboard can be mounted inside a case without frontpanel like a common PSU (flatmount too)
* stackable for more output power
* 32 parts to solder
* SHUT +12V deactivates the swiching regulator for the positive rail
* SHUT -12V deactivates the switching regulator for the negative rail
* internal 10 pin molex header that connects to the babybusboard via ribbon cable
* +12V 300mA / -12V 150mA (if incoming USB interface delivers it)
Available as an assembled Module and as a DIY project.
This Module is currently available.$99 Price in € submitted Dec 20th 2016, 13:21 by seismic_industries | last Change Oct 29th 2018, 19:02 by seismic_industries
2 Users are observing this