I've got an Arturia Microfreak, a set of Euro Rack Modules and various ins and outs - and a Microcosm - I'm trying to make a performance rig - but hooking up this to be both mixed and also not a too high level output to the OB-4 - seems like I can't get it all to work - any thoughts on using an effects return? I want the microcosm to be final in the chain - but could be thinking about it wrong - the idea is to have something like the Arturia or a Guitar for input - and then into the Modular then out of the Modular - then to the OB-4.

Do I need to fix the output? Do I need to fix the input? Do I need to get a mixer or since I'm doing one chain not an issue?

![]

usually people mock up their racks and paste the url when posting questions - it really helps and then list the extra stuff they have... this might be an idea for you?

I wouldn't want the microcosm as end of chain processing - I think things like that tend to work better when processing singke voices as opposed to many - although reverb is always good on full mixes...

sounds like you want a mixer... possibly an external one - I used a yamaha mg10 for quite a while - reasonably inexpensive

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities