Hi all, I've acquired half of the modules in this rack (Batumi+Poti, Mangrove, Three Sisters, Cold Mac, Disting, Tangle Quartet and Clouds (on order)) and I think I've got the rest pretty well balanced for my goals. Am I making any Hideous Errors in your opinion?

ModularGrid Rack

this user has left ModularGrid

Super sweet rack!! Ever considered getting some multiples to split signals, or do you use Stackables? And what exactly are your goals? Are you mainly running external audio/samples from Radio Music through these?

Thank you!

While I think I've got logic handled with Cold Mac and Disting, you're right, I'm low on mults. I ran out of room (I can have a maximum of 17 current-drawing modules) so I don't have a buffered mult in this config, but I could easily see swapping out the Malekko MUTE 4 for the 3HP 4ms buffered mult module if it turns out that I can't live with stackables.

My goal is to blend audio/samples with synth voices, both by running the external audio/samples through various modules and by mixing audio/samples with other stuff. At least that's my plan.

All that said, I may pull the Radio Music and replace it with the Brain Seed that got pulled out to make room for the ALM Pip Slope, as I was painfully short on envelopes. I also dropped the URA to make room for the Spectrum in my most recent edit, which I'm not entirely settled on.

This is not easy.

this user has left ModularGrid

Totally not easy! I've read somewhere that for most usage, it's not too necessary to have buffered mults, and in my experience (which is limited!) my 2hp Intellijel passive mult has worked fine for everything i've plugged into, and i've even split audio signals through it with no real problems. I went the path of getting a number of smaller or multi-function modules for my 3U set up, such as the Disting, the 2hp Qu-bit EON (envelope/osc/lfo/noise), and the 2hp MengQi dual LPG which is a passive 2-channel VCA type module. As I've been building my rack I also realized how important it is to have enough envelopes and vcas!

You know, subbing out the Pip Slope for an EON + the DPLPG would keep me at 17 powered modules, but add the capacity to get some noise into the system plus the cool vactrol goodness of the DPLPG... let me think about that. And thanks for your experience re: the mults. When I move up to my next (bigger) case I've got more mults in the picture.