You might all know those moments, when you find aksking yourself: "Dose all this stuff make Sense just 2 me, or maybe to other People as well? What do you think? And how would YOU fill up the empty spaces and WHY!?
Maybe your fresh Ideas lead me out of that musical one-way street Iam temporarily in :D ;)

ModularGrid Rack

Pretty new to all this, but I'm curious what street your stuck on and might help others.

The biggest problem isn't the holes. It's the presence of that Model D in the rack; it needs to be back in its own case, on its own power.

First up, as I've repeatedly noted, it's NOT cost-effective nor space-effective to mount these in Eurorack cabs. Those should be for things that DON'T have housings and power. Plus, you've managed to use 70 hp for a thing that's not even really a module, per se. That's a hellacious chunk of one entire row being taken up by that synth. And while I get the notion that it's supposedly "convenient" to be able to mount these in a Eurorack cab, that convenience is pretty illusory.

I'd suggest...just as an experiment...taking it out and setting it aside. Treat it like it doesn't exist. Then reconsolidate and reorder the actual modules while ignoring an entire row of the cab. I think you'll find that the workflow will make far more sense, plus you'll get a far better idea of the REAL space remaining in the cab that needs filling. And if you absolutely, positively CANNOT live without that Model D being in there (and costing you not only what it did initially, but also for everyone of those 70 hp worth of case space it occupies), put it in the open row (like, the top one).

Remember: just because a manufacturer says that one of their devices can be used in some way does NOT necessarily mean that you should do that. They're in the business of selling things...but not necessarily in the business of doing what WE do as end-users!

putting $300 across 70hp is very cost-effective for eurorack ;-) when i need that last nudge to buy a harmonic oscillator or bark filter, i think of how expensive it would be to fill that gap with a lot of small modules.
2hp gaps are a no-go. you end up with a gap, blind plate or a small module you didn't really want, just to fill it. so first, i would rearrange things to get all the open space left in one place. it gives you more options in filling it.
personally, i try to keep the number of different brands limited, i don't like small modules either, and i like to have the colour-scheme a bit balanced (scattered that is, because it won't work to get one row black, the other aluminum, another grey) - then i try to get as much vertical lines between modules too. it makes it look neat. ofcourse i realise these are trivial matters, first and foremost it's about sound and not vision. but i can't help myself. as to how to fill the gaps, with what modules, that's up to you. like the previous poster, i would take certain one's out. but hey: it's not my case! you decide what goes in or out. have fun.

Hey Friends,
thanks for your replys. Honestly said, I dont have issues with this Model D living in my Rack. Iam using it very often and since I have my Rack made of two Mantis Cases with that Dual Mantis Bracket, I dont have any space around my Modular on my Desk anymore :D It´s more or less a Spaceholder. A Blind what I use and if I need the Space, it´ll be removed.