For Christmas I got myself a Moog Werkstatt-01. I like it very much! Here you can hear it make some acidic noises accompanied by its cousin the DFAM. The DFAM part is a little boring because I was having too much fun tweaking the Werkstatt!

The Werkstatt makes the main synth line, with its pitch, gate and VCF cutoff sequenced by the Beatstep Pro. The actual sequence doesn't change -- all the variation is just from tweaking the synth. The BSP also sends clock to the DFAM which is making all the other noises (kick, snare, weird bass squawks). Despite all the flashing lights only one of the BSP's drum channels is actually used... A little delay and reverb applied outboard.

Hi The-Erc,

Wow, you got yourself a nice little Christmas gift there! Such a little box, but such a big sound! You nicely demonstrate that here in your jam! Love to see those flashing lights of the BSP even if only one channel is in use :-D

I think, the DFAM was a little bit sad here, that kind of elder child that got suddenly less attention because you got a new baby, the Werkstatt-1 ;-)

Your jam makes me to (re-) consider the Werkstatt-1, thank you very much for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield!

The Werkstatt is very fun, surprisingly many different sounds are possible, and they are all good. It would be nice if it was bit more polished as product (e.g. I read that the VFO and VCF outputs are not at the correct levels for Eurorack although I haven't tested this myself.)

As for the DFAM, well the kids are just going to have to learn to play nicely together!

Wow! it gets wild towards the end, well done!

I don't know much about the Werkstatt, but the DFAM is an interesting machine for sure.

By the way, I love that top angle from the camera, we get to see the action :)

Thanks @Exposure! I figure if you don't get crazy at some point, why bother making music at all? Although it usually takes me a while to get there.

The DFAM is a great machine. It's the whole reason I got into this modular synthesis business in the first place. I got the DFAM and realised I could really enhance it with just a few modules... and now I have a crippling Eurorack habit.