Thanks for the input, I'm years away from ever getting as far as a build like this, which is why I'm putting in the hours now researching and learning as much as possible. By the time I get to looking at even a 2 x 104 I hope I should know what I'm doing.
Keep Patching.
-- ReactivOrchestraoftheBark

Hey Reactiv,

I write Psy-trance and have built up this small rack which I use in pair with my productions.

I'm way off ever having a psy track purely from the mod, but this has been great to get some super nice leads, especially a harsh but silky FM that resulted in messing around with the Maths for hours... wish I could remember how I'd patched it! :P

ModularGrid Rack

Thread: First system

Hey, skwidsoundz, that's really good to hear. And you are welcome! Would love to know what you found helpful and useful.

abs / lexi000
-- lexi000

Hey lexi000,

I'm about 6 months into working on my rack, although I have a long experience with using VST's and some hardware - I came into this pretty lost! Your signal flow break down was the most helpful, and also your encouragement to get a MATHS (although I've had quite a few people furiously encourage me ;) ) - was also helpful.

I ended up with a Maths 2 a couple of weeks ago and am loving the functionality it's added to my Rack.

Here it is below if you're interested, and thanks again.

ModularGrid Rack

Hello, this is my current setup, minus the Beast-Tek Rich Glitch I have which I couldn't find on ModularGrid.

ModularGrid Rack

I am enjoying where I'm at, after about 5 months of wriggling - however I feel a little lost as to how to make my rig more like an instrument that a single sound source generator (if that makes any sense).

Also I can't for the life of me work out what I am doing with the Erica ADSR :/ ! ..and the Recti-Combi is slightly confusing.

I'd like to be able to have my set-up be able to play as a self contained unit, for rhythmic & ambient styles, and also in conjunction with Ableton which is why I added the CV Pal.. considering getting a Beatstep pro too.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it all out there and see if anyone had suggestions or advice for me - much appreciated!

Thread: First system

This thread was epic to learn things from as a beginner, thanks heaps.