Hello, thank you all for your ideas! Links +kinks is a cool idea on expanding the m32, and they would provide utility even after I pull the m32 out indue time. Im not looking for a fully generative build yet, rather I am looking for ways to add dynamic control over what I have, to add life and interest to sequences and drones. But I do like the idea of spontaneous sequences that can be captured and repeated. So maybe a marbles, links, kinks, and a multiple lfo source, instead of stages for now. That optimizes my current setup and leaves me with useful additions as my collection (slowly) grows. Once again, the m32 is simply a temporary placeholder until I can fill the space it occupies with more efficient modules and open the possibilities further! For the time being I have money for a few new modules right now; just trying to make the most useful additions to my setup bit by bit. Thanks again everyone.

A link to my rack

ModularGrid Rack

Thank you for the reply, Lugia. I might have been unclear, I already own these modules!🙂 The mother 32 was my first module, and my introduction to modular. I plan on keeping in the this potable for the time being, until I fill it up with modules that provide more efficient use of the space. I bought the rings/clouds last year, and I did consider getting micro versions, but I thought the full size clones would be a little more playable with more space to get in there and tweak the knobs. I will probably swap them for the micro versions with the sliders and extra functions over time. I built the division six sequencer, to dip my toe into soldering and really enjoyed it, so I will be adding diys in the future too. All my modules are currently housed in a Tiptop happy ending rack now, but I just bought a frame to complete a Diy case using a case I already have. I figured I would gradually add modules as my budget allows. I would add the ones beyond the diy case to the tiptop as a sort of auxiliary rack with more capability for home use; using the more limited diy case for portable sketches in the park or on the road, ect. Then when I have enough to replace the Mother 32 Ill swap them into the diy and have more options for my portable needs. So, given the limitations of my current modules, and the fact that the mother is a temporary addition, do you have any advice on my choices for expansion? As it stands now, I use the clouds’ freeze for drones, and the rings sequenced by the division 6 for melody over that, with the mother 32 providing cv modulation. I would like to add sampling, so I can add field recordings, nature sounds ect, and re-sample my own stuff. And some random, or Euclidian sequencing would by great, with more cv modulation available to add complexity. Thank you for your time!

Hello, I thought I did provide a link. Did I do it incorrectly? Sorry, this is my first time posting on a forum here.

Hello all-I am building out my first rack, which I plan on using for live ambient improvisation. I have 6u x 84hp of space, powered by a uzues with 10 busses. I have a mother 32, rings/clouds duo, a dual 32 step sequencer, and a mixer so far. I plan on adding a 4ms dual stereo stereo sampler in the next week or two. What I need is modulation sources. I was thinking of either a turing machine or a mutable marbles clone, as well as a mutable stages clone. And for my remaining space a 2hp verb. Would this be a good setup? If anyone has advice or ideas for alternate modules that might be a better choice, I would love some feedback!

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1463389.jpg