Hey graigless! Welcome to the community! I think you have too many oscillators, since I've counted six without the two present in the DFAM. Can you justify 6 oscillators in 9U 84HP? If you can, then you would need some sort of mixer to bring the signals together. What about the guitar pedal interface? Do you have an external tape machine to hook it up to it? I don't see enough modulation and no dedicated VCAs or basic utilities.

Maybe you could explain what you have in mind with your setup in order to get a better picture of what you want to achieve with it. In the meantime, I would suggest thinking about way fewer voices and making them more complex through modulation and sequencing.

I'm also quite new to the modular world, so please take my advice with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, looking at your rack reminded me of my own conceptual mistakes in the beginning. That's why we got modular grid for, so we can try out stuff before committing. Could you post a list of the modules that you already possess? This would be a good start in order to see what can be done to complement/expand them instead of creating parallels that compete with each other.

interesting patch idea! what does the DFAM sound like when patched to O_C? layout-wise I would place the DFAM all the way on the left so that the patch cables don't stand in the way when turning knobs. If you patch the Velocity Input on the DFAM and don't use the internal sequencer for pitching the VCOs then you can use them for other modulation duties and eventually even with it's own clock rate! Been toying around with the idea of decoupling the DFAMs inner building blocks to use them for different purposes.

been eyeing the Erica Synths Sample Drum. I've heard somebody saying that it felt like two channels of the digitakt without the sequencer in Eurorack. Imagine 4xSample Drum + Westlicht Performer + FX Aid to emulate Digitakt on Eurorack? xD

definitely can recommend ExplodingShed, their support and shipment are super fast. Also great super friendly guys working in the shop. I just wished they had a larger catalogue but for their size it's understandable that the risk of overstocking and having a large catalogue is too high. Regarding Brexit it's unfortunately a reality now and I don't think we can "undo" it, but I think there could be a few options specifically for Thonk. I think it would be great if they opened a store in mainland Europe to provide for their customers outside of UK. This would mean a split in terms of management and a lot of coordination but anything can be achieved with the right motivation and proper planning. Maybe my view is too simplistic and I'm not taking a lot of "buts" into account.

I'd recommend to use Arduino as a platform to practice and understand the basics but at some point the processing power and limitations of an 8-bit processor will make you hit a roadblock depending on what your goals are. On the other hand the ARM-environment is great and cheap, check out the blue pill/black pill boards. No wonder why so many digital modules have M3s and M4s inside. (Varigate, QuadLFO have ARM processors, Mutable Instuments uses them in a lot of modules, list is endless...). You can get ARM boards for 1-3$ from China (check out AliExpress).

Cinnamon is a definite recommendation, small footprint for a SVF with built-in distortion and input-related cutoff frequency modulation. I couldn't get my hands on the DIY kit since they were out of stock for months so I invested some of the lock-down time to build my own replica based on their schematics. In addition to that it uses the same IC as the Xone Filters in the A&H Xone 42/92 series. Maybe I'm biased because of that ^^ It's a quite straightforward design if you have some experience with filters.