Many thanks for your kind words @TumeniKnobs! I did not build mine sorry sadly, but I got a sweet deal on a used one. I did build Midi Thing by Befaco though, great Kit!

Hey fellow MG Users,
I recorded a new short video today.
Feel free to check it out:

Tex mix Return A can be configured for line return (it‘s basically a stereo in with simple volume control). Has 1 Master out, 1 configurable ouput (Seperate Bus or Master/ Cue Bus CF) +Headphone out.
Also it‘s a very compact fully expandable mixing solution.
Yes it‘s more than 6hp but it also has your mixing fully covered and won‘t be thrown into the gutter when you expand.
Thank you @JimHowell1970 for the recommendation.
Also dirt cheap. Might suit your needs and even go way beyond.

Edit:
Forgot about direct out‘s expansion which you could also use to go to your main Mixer if you wish.

Since I have this Youtube Channel kicking around now, I recon I might as well use it..
so here's a jam I recorded today ( little bit of mixing in PT, some verb some compression, if anyone cares about that..).
I'm far from experienced with purely electronic music, so I appreciate any Input on this.
Hope it's enjoyable.

ModularGrid Rack

A few small changes/suggestions.
Get Plaits instead of Brains, it will be a much better financial decision because of MI going out of business apart from all the other great things about the Brand.
Get Links Instead of a simple buffered mult while you can, it brings a lot more to the table, and will not be available anymore shortly, apart from clones.
Buy the Mutable Modules first, before they‘re gone. You will not regret it.
Then probably Maths and move on from there.
This seems like a very solid way to start and make up your Mind about what you want from Modular!

Best
Chris

I prefer the bottom one, but I'd dump the ladik mixer and the blank panel and add another 4* mono channels or a 4*stereo channels depending on needs...
-- JimHowell1970

Are you referring to the AI Matrix Mixer?
That‘s surprising in the past you were striking me as one of the big proponents of Matrix Mixers Jim.

So I got bitten by the Bug and stocked up on some MI Modules and now I plan to expand my existing 120hp Weasel into a 3u 84hp thing

I have two versions roughly planned out with a lot of DIY Options in them. I‘d especially love some feedback on the Mixing Section. Which would you prefer?

ModularGrid Rack

ModularGrid Rack

ModularGrid Rack

Here‘s another Suggestion on my Part.
I really think the layout should be different so I flipped the Case.
Plaits replaces the 1u Osc as the Utility Oscillator for FM and Stuff.
Also Peaks and Kinks should be in there, they Help out so much and are essential to a Mutable Rack if I‘d Build one.
Id drop the Noise tools for Marble Clock and Kinks. Rather get Steppy down there.
One more thing I didn’t understand is the huge Quantizer. Did I miss something? Plaits Quantizes already, Marbles can Quantize for Elements and Tides can follow via PLL. So basic setup should be Golden even without another Quantizer.
Theres still some room in the 1u row to experiment with.
Hope someone has some more Suggestions.
Maybe Delta V would be better than Batumi afterall? But I really wouldn’t want to make that decision.

Best
Chris

Edit: Oh and Tides needs that quad VCA to shine as a VCDO imho so Veils is right beside it.

This is comedy gold.

Thanks for sharing your patches and ideas! Lots of great tones in there that I would like to explore myself.

Thank you Chace, glad you enjoyed!

You also have a very nice voice to listen to. How would you describe your accent?
-- Chace

I beg to differ, but I guess that‘s not too uncommon :D. I don‘t know how to describe my accent really. I‘m from an Area in Germany fairly close to France and I did my Bachelors Degree with a British University so that’s that.

Hey Ppl,
So I got a question regarding the Mutable Music Weasel and Tides as a VCDO.
Since I feel Tides as an audio-rate oscillator is a much less explored topic than say Plaits. I thought I'd try and make a Video about it.
The Video consists of 8 very basic patches.

This is my first Upload ever so don't expect some type of golden Content without errors, yet I thought I'd share it here.
Hope it's not to0 painful to watch.

Best
Chris

I honestly feel there's way to many Effects and Soundsources here to be supported by the rest of the Modules, for Example Beads can do a lot of stuff that Mimeophon and Data Bender can do (Plus it can be a Great Sounding Wavetable Voice). I really think the case is too small for all 3. I tried knocking things around a little and also made the Audio Path a little more understandable (to me at least). Top Row is now Effects, Sources, Modifiers, Filter and mixing, while the lower row is pretty much modulation and Utility only (Also notice Tides another Voice in Disguise).
Please consider getting the real deal Mutable Instruments modules in there if you can, they are amazing in
terms of playability (size) plus they'll be gone forever soon and Emilie will surely appreciate a little extra Retirement Money.
I srecon this would benefit from a few more VCA's tho..

ModularGrid Rack

PS: Take this with a Grain of Salt. I'm not the most experienced Person on the Planet obviously.

Edit: Just Read you're Original Post more carefully. If you're not too much about all the Modulation possibilities after all, maybe, for what you're trying to do, consider spending your 5000€/£/$ for a hologram microcosm, a Red Panda Tensor, an awesome Delay (maybe Tape?), a Waldorf M or Hydrasynth and a Polyend Tracker or Digitakt and mount them in a nice Case together if carrying is of concern. Because you can. Easily. and then some.

All the Best
Chris

I'm probably gonna go with marbles and beads for my next modules followed by another modulation source and VCAs. I'm also starting to consider a disting mk4 or the disting ex to get some more flexibility.

-- CharlyD

Seems like a solid move!
Enjoy yourself!

Hey I‘ve just come back to MG after a while and noticed that a few fairly recent Mutable Modules have been discontinued, notably Marbles and Shades 2020 Version.
I knew this had been coming but it seems so soon. So does anyone have any concrete Information by when all of the Modules will be phased out?
I guess it‘s time to start collecting. Would rather not pay 600€ for Factory Marbles in 5 Years time.

Nice! Hope you enjoy. Everbody always talks about Plaits, but Tides is kind of underapreciated in general I feel. And therefore comparatively cheap on the used market. I guess a lot of people never even try it as a Sound Source. Think I‘ve read somewhere on the Mutable Forums it‘s Emilie‘s favourite Module even, but I might be mistaken.

That looks fun! Do you primarily use Tides as a sound source in this case?
-- Chace

Yes I do! I designed the Case around Tides as a VCO and all the fun things it does - Waveshaping, kind of Wavetable, PLL, Chords, sort of Supersaw, Four detunes Osc., Phasemod etc..

Heaps of fun and sounds glorious on its own or modulating the Analog VCO.

Also had a go at this, not du discredit Lugia, but thinking that you maybe already own the case, just for fun, had some free time on my hands.
Might elaborate on it a little if you wish and I have a few more Minutes spare time:

ModularGrid Rack

Edit:

just noticed Lugia also used 84hp 6u, sorry, guess just another opinion then…

Best
Chris

Hey All,
Went on a hiatus and did not buy any new modules for a while but came back just in time to get a Beads.
Might be a little big for the case, yet I figured, since FX Aid is nearly impossible to get right now, this will do fine.
So here‘s V3 of the Music Weasel:

ModularGrid Rack

Still love this little box, but felt like talking about it again anyhow,
Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Best
Chris

Thread: My Next Rack

First price indications:
https://tiptopaudio.com/buchla/
-- BrumoD

Holy Sh*t thats cheap. Well atleast cheaper than expected.

Mat,
Please Hold on before you buy anything. TipTop and Buchla are collaborating on bringing the 200 Series Modules to Eurorack.
Better see what the prices will be on those and then reevaluate the Build.

Best
Chris

think I’d prefer the sound of Mimeophon to Echophon - was there a reason you chose that? Also, what do you think the DUSG brings to the party now that there are four envelope generators? Do you see it as a second oscillator or is it there for all the other stuff it can do?

-- ModLifeCrisis

Hey ModLifeCrisis,
In terms of the Echophon I simply choose that because it fit and because it has delightfully large knobs. I think that, in terms of effects, whatever floats your boat will be just fine. It‘s just that I‘m personally intrigued by Echophon.
I‘m sure Mimeophon, Morphagene (which you already own) or even beads would all be grand Options too.

Concerning the Dusg, theres many things it can do that Quadrax can not and because of the 4 envelopes of Quadrax you can actually use it for other stuff without running out of Modulation Sources;
-1v/O Tracking VCO
-Slew Limiting
-Filtering
Just to name a few, I‘m sure there‘s much much more that I‘m unaware of, If you really wan‘t to use it‘s full potential I recon you need something else to handle basic Envelopes and LFO‘s.
Simply consider the Krell Patch and how quick you‘ll be down 3 envelopes plus an LFO for Timbre Modulation, that‘s Quadrax used up effectively.
Sure Pams can do LFO‘s and Envelopes too, but only time-synced that I‘m aware of and having a module like Quadrax seems to be more intuitive and more inline with the Skylab.

All the Best
Chris

Now you really got me thinking,
This morning when I got up I looked at the build again and noticed that there are almost no VCAs.
Then I read your Post and took a look at the Skylab.

I think that you‘d be best of trying to replicate half of the Audio Path of that thing and definetly drop one random source in favour of a quad envelope (closest Thing in Euro is probably Quadrax plus Expander) and add VCA‘s dedicated to modulation.
Also you completely omitted the Frequency Shifter.I think thats a pretty crucial one. Luckily Doepfer just put out a very reasonably priced one, yes it‘s a little small, but I think it would be your best bet.

Now I tried to do a complete overhaul that makes sense to me, while keeping the modules as big as possible and looking at the Skylab.
ModularGrid Rack

I actually really dig that build, luckily I don‘t have 5 grand to spend on modular right now ;).

Wish you all the Best
Chris

PS: still did not Update, need to click link again.

One Last Thing,
I just remembered you did a great video on interacting with the modular by using your Hands.
The Er101 seems to be the antithesis of that, atleast to me, have you considered putting Pressure Points in there? Or have you strayed away from that Idea?

Actually I tried and updated the suggestion: Beads leaves an extra 2Hp for Shakmat Sum-Dif which would also help greatly!
Just click on the link to see the updated rework. Don‘t know how to Update the thing here..

Also maybe rethink the Complex VCO, you already have two Ringmods (wogglebug and Serge) and two waveshapers in there Maybe go for two simpler oscillators (Buchla 258 Clone?) or the Serge New Timbral oscillator plus another one?
But that‘s maybe taking it too far from the Original Idea.

Cheers.

ModularGrid Rack

Mimeophon would still fit with those two, not exatcly a small delay thing, maybe Chronoblob or even Beads (which I think you talked about wanting before) would too.

Just wanted to check. Maybe some reorganization would be needed.

All the Best,
Chris

Hey ModLifeCrisis,
I‘ve been enjoying your Youtube Videos for quite a while now, I really like them. It‘s been quite obvious to me for a while now this is going to happen.
Must say I‘m all about it and this seems alot like „You“.
However I‘d miss some utilities in there, polarizers, rectifiers. Kinks, FrapTools 333, Shades, something along those lines. I think those would help alot with patch programmability. Maybe the ssf Toolbox might be a good fit?
Also Magneto seems a little big to me. Maybe you could shrink it into something else (same with xpan?) to make room.

All the Best and please continue your Video Series!
Chris

Firstly, thanks to all of you for your input!
Seems like I'm going to go ahead as planned.

Secondly I did record my most recent patch with the Weasel, it's kind of an ambient thing - so not really a good example of what this thing was originally intended to do - but I guess it somewhat demonstrates what the Voice CAN do. Anyhow I enjoyed it somewhat, so I figured I might as well fire up Pro Tools, hope it's a good enough demonstration for now.

Sadly no, not yet,
I‘ve been mostly enjoying in quiet and haven‘t come around to recording anything yet. But I‘ll make sure to post about it when I get around to!

Hey joesh,
I wanted to share my opinion on Stages vs Maths, since that's a decision I also made not that long ago.
I went with Stages and it's a lovely module. however I also have an additional Analog function Generator in my Rack. which I'd be tempted to say is like one half of Maths, but that's not the case (I also have shades from MI for attenuverters offsets and mixing, that plus a single function Generator is a lot more like half a maths and suddenly takes up 12HP). One difference between the Function Generator that is hard to Grasp and describe for me is the immediacy. Stages is digital at heart and if you want to clock it or something it will take a few clocks to settle into a steady rhythm sometimes, sometimes there's artefacts, etc., there's a few times I've found myself wishing it would be more "playable" more "immediate". However I think that the possibilities with that module are almost endless but I recon it's a very different mindset to the Rampage, Maths, Doepfer A-171-2, Falistri, Delta-V and alike. It's a means to an End, very versatile but at the same time intentionally limited and focused. It's weird to describe but it really drools with the Mutable Instruments way of doing stuff.
I love it, but you might not.

All the Best
Chris

Let me start this of by stating that, yes, this is not a Music Easel, it will never be and I wholeheartedly understand that.
Anyhow I really dug the Name and I feel there are a few similarities in form-factor and functionality.

So I'm starting to feel very confident about this built, this morning I had some time to sit down with the system again and it's so very inspiring and sounds great to me, yet I wanted to get some final Input before filling the case to the brim. And even though the consensus around here probably is that this case is too small, for what I'm trying to do I feel it's just right.
The Intention always was to have a very flexible single Voice. obviously this is a modular and it can do more if you push it, but I was looking for a singular Instrument that inspires me to come up with something on my other stuff, not to have a groove box in modular format.

So this is where I'm currently at:
ModularGrid Rack

I recently bought a Digitakt which I enjoy so much that I really want to Integrate it with this little Setup. I have previously stated that I mostly use the Doepfer LFO as a Clock, which hasn't changed so I figured I might as well substitute it for a midi interface and get my clock from that, also the Digitakt obviously features great LFO's and CC sequencing so that would make up for the loss probably.

I also recently threw out the Deeper A-112 Random which I never really got along with in favour of the ladik comparator which imho gives me more functionality when it comes to rhythm and the external input.

Speaking of external Input I substituted the the Doepfer A-119 for ears. mainly because of the manual Gate functionality and the contact mic (also size). So now I can always use the thing, even when nothing is connected to it's Input.

One thing I also discovered by throwing disting into the upper row is: I really want reverb and effects for this thing, I've always been a sucker for verb on Guitar and that doesn't seem to change with synths.

So here's what I'm planning for:
ModularGrid Rack

please give me some honest opinions, especially if you think there's better Options regarding effects and the Midi Interface.
I know that FH-2 would be great, but I'd like to keep it a little more immediate and to my surprise ever since I got the Digitakt I don't really feel like expanding the modular, so that benefit would be pointless.

PS: Am I the only one around here that loves the combination of Tides V2 and a basic Analog OSC for a Voice to death? That can't be. Please share the love if you see the benefits of that setup, maybe there's something to learn.

Was just wondering if anyone has encountered this:
It seems to me that the HPO is considerably more noisy when driving low impedance Headphones (Apple Earbuds) and Line Inputs when compared to Hi-Z Instrument Inputs on my Interface or my Beyerdynamic DT-150's.

Thankful for feedback.

Hey Legion,
I‘m also fairly new to this and I guess it won‘t take long before someone experienced will chime in, but there‘s a few things I‘m noticing you might want to check.

First of all I think the Rackbrute is rather expensive for what it is, but if you want to join it with the Brute I guess it makes sense.
Veils is probably a good choice for a VCA but this Version is discontinued and there’s a smaller version now (which is a good thing imo). You also probably won’t need the mult and and passive mixer, Mutable Links has both of those functions plus a precision adder which is very handy, and is likely cheaper than buying those two while retaining the same size.

Also Jim would probably recommend buying Kinks while you can (which is something that I did), great module and it adds some Noise and random to your build for modulation.

I personally would substitute Blades for something smaller and cheaper filterwise, it seems a little overkill to me (tho it looks like a rather awesome module) and add a good lfo module for modulating the brute and the other modules with, but you might be fine with maths.

All the Bestest

Hey @bling12345 why don‘t you just browse around the Rack threads on the Forum? There‘s a lot to be seen and learned, tons of information and well informed opinions, you‘ll probably also see what people generally think of the cre8 nifty rack and cellz.. spoiler: not much. Also you will start to notice some popular advice for newbies like us: Shades, Links, Kinks, Plaits etc..

Thanks Jim,
Yes one or two Mantis would seem like a smart move once I feel the need to expand, also fairly affordable for 208hp of space!

I know that’s good advice, but I love the portability and I think I‘d rather get this case done and then look for an Analog Four or something.. before I drown in debt.

But on a more serious note, some day for sure. For now I think I‘m good with 120HP though, thanks for the Advice!

I‘ll take that as a compliment @JimHowell1970!
Yeah I looked at your collection half an hour ago or so and noticed just that! :D

Yeah not sure if the Doepfer Atten-Offset will stick around, what would you replace it with if it was your rack? Maybe get PNW for clocking instead of the Noise Engineering Module, I almost feel like that might be overkill? Or just get a logic Module in the 4hp?

I suspect you‘d get more for less with a standalone synth like the Microbrute or a used Analog Four, and you could always get something semi-modular, again Microbrute or any of the Behringer Clones if you enjoy patching.
Atleast that‘s my reply if all your looking for is a little flavor for your productions.

Don‘t underestimate the rabbit hole and price of modular.

But I‘m sure someone more experienced will chime in soon!

All the bestest
Chris

Thought I might as well add a visual representation of what I‘m planning currently so here you go:

ModularGrid Rack

So here we go again, since I hit my Max Budget for now and am thus forced to take a little break from acquiring new modules. I recon this is as good a time as any to take a step back and reflect on what I currently have.

First of all thanks to @Lugia, @troux and @JimHowell1970 for ther contribution to my first thread and Rack.

Here‘s what I‘m currently working with:
ModularGrid Rack

Quite different from what I originally planned for.
One of the biggest changes might be Tides instead of Plaits, I made that decision after spending a few hours on VCV Rack and developing a deep love for Tides V2 PLL and Oscillator Modes and I don‘t regret it one bit, together with a simple Analog VCO it makes a lovely Voice (well actually even on it‘s own) and I wouldn’t have thought that I‘d enjoy two Operator FM so much, it‘s just a bunch of Fun to me. Also Chords: Awesome.

Currently debating moving disting into the upper (audio) row and exploring it as an effect, Filter, VCA or Oscillator, though I really enjoy the quantized shift register and Euclidian Patterns.
It would take the place of the LXD I had planned for. Since I got Ripples V1, at a great price, I feel like my Filtering and LPG needs are well met.

Next purchase will probably be Stages, seems to fulfill all my needs regarding modulation and beyond.

One thing I didn‘t plan for originally but I‘ve found myself wanting is a Clock/Divider in 4 HP. Options I‘m considering are the Noise Engineering and Ladik offerings, since more often than not I end up using my LFO as a Clock. (Any Opinions on Pamelas New Workout+Stages in such a small System?)

First thing I would probably replace when the Rack is full is the A-140, eventhough I really dig the Range Switch, would probably replace it with a second hand factory Peaks.

Overall I‘m very happy with where I‘m heading.

That‘s all I can think of right now, Any Opinion welcome. Thank you guys.

Excuse me for exaggerating a little.
Maybe I should have stated that, to be fair, a lot of people I‘ve come to know do still use or did use logic and love the workflow.
I guess that’s really a matter of taste. I‘m not massively into the Toolbox thing for example. But thats beyond the scope of this thread.
Sorry if I offended someone that was not the Intent.

I might not have the biggest experience in Modular but since I have a little bit of a backrground in Engineering i thought i‘d chime in.

Lugia is probably right. The Ableton Team are very forward thinking and constantly coming up with stuff to meet the needs of their Customers, so Ableton definitely is a solid choice.

However if you’re looking for something else:
I personally use Pro Tools and do own a copy of Logic.
PRO TOOLS is absolutely Killer if you mainly use it for Audio Capture and Editing, super fast and well equipped fot the Task BUT:
-Expensive
-Shit Customer Support (no support if you don‘t pay for it extra)
- Very basic Midi implementation wouldn‘t want to use it for productions incorporating many softsynths.
-no Surround Sound
-Bad latency compared to Competition unless you put down Thousands for an HD System.

I‘d personally say don‘t go with LOGIC as it seems to get more convoluted and confusing every Update. Most People I know now call Logic „Garageband Pro“. And I personally dislike it and avoid working with it.

If you want something cheap I‘d encourage you to look at REAPER or ARDOUR.
The former is really awesome and can be set up as you wish. Starting from it‘s looks and ending at the shortcuts. Also REAPER already supports ARM processors natively so it should run great on M1 Macs.

Also STUDIO ONE is fairly Cheap and has pretty awesome Interfacing with Hardware through Pipeline XT+ includes a full on Mastering-Suite that is actually great!

At the End of the Day you‘ll probably be fine with anything you choose to go with. Just try and Stick to one and really learn how it works.

(Totally missed that you own Cubase, If you enjoy Cubase probably check out Nuendo too)

Thank you Jim for this great piece of Advice.
I will just put disting in next and after that some sort of vc mixer or cascaded vca like the a-135-2.

All the Best and many thanks to all of you guys.

This is the third time I'm writing the response now and I'm starting to feel a bit pissed off, so excuse this abbreviated response. I thoroughly read your Post and studied your suggested build and am really thankful you took the time and effort to respond!

In Short:
Depth is not an Issue with my Case I built the Case to fit a flight case and it's not shallow in any sense of the word.
Though I was already expecting that someone would take to the BBD since it's quite specific and large for such a small case, Yet I'm quite partial to that Module.

As you so fittingly stated, your suggestion is just MoAR all over and a lot more intricate than what I had planned out so far. I'm quite happy to see plaits, LXD and disting make an appearance, since I'm pretty much sold on those. That being said building out the system as per your suggestion really is out of the question for me at the moment, I'd rather grow into the hobby a bit more naturally than pretty much start from scratch at this point. It just makes more sense to me that way.

That being said I would really appreciate your opinion on a few specific things:
Firstly aforementioned BBD, although I might be stubborn on that one I admit.
Secondly what's your opinion on the last two suggestions posted in the Thread, should I rather go Troux' route or should I go with the second mixer and stick with my last suggestion? I find it really hard to decide if I have enough utility and VCA's. Maybe I should swap the mini Mixer for two attenuverters or Offsets. Any help on that front would be much appreciated.
I know this might be much to ask of an experienced user who probably feels the build is a bit boring and inefficient the way it is. Anyhow I hope you can share some thoughts.

Again sorry for not going into detail that much, hope my reasoning is still fairly understandable..
Thank you again for your time and effort I'm really grateful for any suggestions.

That’s also a great Idea it seems!
definetely an Option, 3 , potentially 4 even, Oscillators, 2 with Bus Acess+ keeping the Bus Accces as a mult at the cost of loosing a filter/vca. Wow I‘ll really have to think this through carefully. Amperage seems to be somewhat pushing it but should still work.
This is another variation of the Rack in my last Post.
Thank you again for your time and opinion!

Maybe someone else can chime in and share their 2cents. To me the Last 2 (and maybe this one?) seem like valid options, but take it into somewhat different directions.

ModularGrid Rack

(edit: seems the picture didn‘t update I swapped links for disting)

ModularGrid Rack
Well this might not seem like much of a change, but at least I‘ve been able to fit a little more utility in here with links and an additional Low Pass Gate with the LXD.
Thanks troux for stating you Opinion!
There‘s still no disting, no Analog Filter and only one Offset Generator/dedicated Attenuator.
Maybe I‘ll miss the disting, I don‘t know yet but the disting seems a bit menu divey at times and I‘m not sure if that wouldn‘t kill my creativity..
As Per the dedicated Filter I actually really like the Doepfer 101-2 in dedicated Low Pass mode. The attenuators however.. hope that doesn‘t break the build, yet I can always upgrade later.
This now feels like something I‘d actually want to Play with + some space to actually play with knobs. (Note this build also pushes the Meanwhell PSU I use about as much as I‘m comfortable with, using about 90% of the -12V power rail when warmed up.)
If there’s any more Input I‘d be really thankful.

(Edit Links is now replaced by disting, check further down the Thread)

Thanks for your Feedback!
Really appreciated. I get the point about being open to other manufacturers Modules, The only real reasons for me to go with Doepfer initially was #1 save some money Since I‘m located in Germany and Modules are cheap on the used Market #2 to keep it simple, there’s so many Manufacturers out there it‘s easy to be overwhelmed by so many cool Modules.
Sadly I will have to stick with a few things for now since I already bought them and don‘t really want to reinvest before sorting out some basic purchases first.
Links and Kinks definitely seem like a great addition especially and the alm O/Ax2. Sadly I already oen both the a-183 and the Buffered Multiple...
Same thing with the hpo, the Alm would definitely suffice but i Already bought the Doepfer Headphone Amp.
I am a guitar Player and Engineer first and foremost, thats why I went with a lot of 6,5mm TS/TRS Modules since it makes interfacing a breeze, especially live. I also have some great Effects Pedals that I want to Interface with the synth in the Studio thats why the A138, seemed convenient. Maybe I should really consider buying the rosie and losing the Headphone amp and Crossfader..
I will include a copy of the Rack that actually shows the Modules I already bought.

ModularGrid Rack

Edit:
I played with what I already have this morning. I quickly realized sed that I probably will need another Mixer. Thus I decided that focussing on some Essentials would probably be more sensical than having a Disting, which does a lot but I don‘t think it outvalues a simple Mixer here.
Also I‘ve really been Thinking about getting a more Complex Oscillator rather than buying a second A110-2. sadly most other Manufacturers Modules don‘t use the CV/Gate Bus, so I can effectively drop the Bus Access. Sadly that looses me a Buffered Multiple for CV and Gate Signals...
However that would mean I have room to fit Plaits, which I already know and love from VCV-Rack.

ModularGrid Rack

Any Thoughts?
Would be much appreciated.

Bump?

Hey Everyone, fairly new here but really enjoying the ride so far!

After getting my feet wet with a Doepfer MC I‘m building out my first „real“ „System“. Already got the case built (2x60TE) and most of the upper row+some of the lower Row collected.
I‘m sticking to Doepfer modules for now as I wan‘t to avoid getting massive GAS and spending way to much money. The exeption is the disting mk4 here to avoid that Moment when you‘re missing a Bandpass Filter or a VCA or want something to trigger Sounds with while no Keyboard is around.
That being said the main goal here is to build a flexible but fairly straightforward Bass synth for riffing with an external sequencer or Keyboard. The BBD is fo trying out Karplus and general Sound-Design purposes (havent bought that one yet).
I‘m looking for any advice here to avoid frustrations with the finished system. I was going to go with dual Low Pass Gates but I really want to try the A101-6 as a second Filter/Phaser/Phaseshifter because it seems like a lot of fun.

ModularGrid Rack

PS: can I share the Case to the Thread from My Modular? if so then how? Otherwise I will make the System viewable publicly on my Page. [edit: figured that one out]