alt text

Idea here is to kind of make a box that you could make a whole track with, combining sampling / drums of the squid and some west coast Buchla stuff on top. Kind of Floating Pointsy I guess?

I already have a System Coupe, so you see a lot of that stuff here. I love filters so theres a lot of filters.

Thing I'm wondering about is if I need more VCA for the Buchla stuff?

Also would LOVE to hear of anyone that has a better replacement for a Beatstep Pro that lives within a rack. I have one but its ugly and I don't love it. The Cirdadian's in there kind of as a representation of that but its not giving me much on the melody part of course.

Also just any thoughts or feels. I'm kind of between going all in on modular here or buying Ableton and trading in the System Coupe for a Super Six... but maybe thats a whole other conversation haha.

Thanks everyone, super helpful!

I think I'll make the leap for the coupe. Also will save the hassle of tracking down all the components individually and I think I'll save a few hundred bucks so maybe I can put that toward something down the road. Jim, your piggy bank concept is a great perspective too.

Thanks again and be seeing you guys around with more soon...

Hey first post here and totally new to modular.

Really love what I'm seeing from the ALM folks and am pretty tempted to jump in on the System Coupe which looks like it has a lot of potential and a good start point out of the box for a newbie Want something that I can make tunes without needing MIDI or external sources. Hopefully everything from jungle to IDM to ambient stuff.

...But then again kind of tempted to build out something more custom? And got a recommendation for the Marbles to have something else to generate melodies.

So started sketching something out similar to the coupe but making some swaps and going up to 104HP. Megaslope for two Pip slopes. They don't make the Milton outside the system so I put in the Triplat instead, same for the MCF but I can't quite figure out a replacement, would love to swap for MUM 8 but its 1 hp to big.

ModularGrid Rack

Anyway, would love to hear any and all feedback! Very excited to get into this world.

Chris