Really like the Dual Dagger - easy to get great sounds. Independent low and hi pass filters and CV panning. Great stuff.

I do use the 100 Grit as a filter (and it's awesome), but mostly I use the C4RBN and the Dual Dagger as filters and use the 100 Grit as distortion. The 100 Grit also doubles a great voice too - very flexible.

The Vult Freak looks amazing! Haven't looked at Ghost. Good luck with your decision :-)

Hi @Chrissozz. The Dual Dagger is a stereo filter: it pairs really well with the Chainsaw

@Sweelinck - Thanks to your feedback I've built a rack without the Zadar. I do like the Pip Slope and the sliders on the Contour 1 to play around with. The C4RBN filter is a little cramped but manageable. Thanks again!

ModularGrid Rack

After watching videos I really like the WMD Javelin. Is there a general rule of thumb for the number of envelope generators you should have in your rack?

Thank you for the feedback Sweelinck. I like your suggestion, could you recommend an envelope module that may be more fitting for techno?

I'll mainly be using this for techno and generating weird noises. What would you swap out/replace/add to this first pass at a rack?

ModularGrid Rack

Looking for feedback on this small system. It's inside an intellijel palette case so there's mults available (I didn't know how to add those in the editor).

I'll be sequencing this via an Oxi One and have reverb/delay effects in a separate case.

Thank you :-)

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your expertise. I have learned a lot from your replies - and took me down a deep rabbit hole of researching all your recommendations :-)

I probably took the wrong route by buying a case then trying to cram in enough modules. But as you said eventually I'll expand :-)

I like your ideas of mixing and compressing off-case and will probably also incorporate an external sampler/looper. Would an external 1010Music Blackbox be appropriate (at least for sampling, looping, and mixing)?

Your advice regarding every hp of sound plan 2-4hp of helper modules is one I'll take to heart from here on out.

The breadth and depth of modular is really intimidating for someone new like myself - I really appreciate advice from vastly more experienced people like yourself.

Thank you once again!

Hi AcdNrg!

Thank you for your response and it definitely helps :-)

To answer your questions; I'm more interested in sequencing drums, mostly controlling the patterns with a touch of added randomness. There is no computer involved.

EDM is my main focus and not really too interested in sampling at this juncture.

Definitely interested in loops.

I'd like to mix and apply fx on the board but I'm not too sure how that works in my current setup. Any advice would be welcome :-)

Thank you for the mantis and metron suggestions. And I'm not too sure how the MSCL works in my setup - naively, I believed all the sounds wouldn't clip if I used a compressor. Do you think I should remove the MSCL module or swap out some existing modules to facilitate its use?

Thank you again for your answer!

Hi,

Completely new to Eurorack. I've enjoyed playing with VCV and have watched a bunch of videos. I recently took the plunge and bought a 3U 84HP skiff case (54mm depth). Now I'm a little out of my depth on how to fill it. I mostly want to focus on drums but have the ability to generate other non-drum stuff too. Here's my first attempt. I would be grateful if anyone can steer me in the right direction:

Click for the details

Thank you!