Somehow this turned into a rock tune. It started out as a regular old modular jam - then I pulled out my vintage Kramer to see what would happen... I probably should have called this Rusty Fingers, as evidenced by my guitar playing here. ;-). This track features the Moog Matriarch, assorted Eurorack and my old Kramer StageMaster Deluxe 1. Drums were pieced together with EZ Drummer. Time-keeping courtesy of the JMK ClockStep Multi ( StudioOne is the source syncing to CSM which then syncs Pamela's New Workout). As a side note, the ambient sections at the beginning, middle and end are exactly the same patch as the lead parts for the Matriarch, Rings and the Ensemble Oscillator - just with tempo slowed, envelopes lengthened and effects at full wet. It fascinating to me that you can get such huge changes with just a few knob turns. :-)

Instead of recording the modular all in one go like I usually do, I multi-tracked each part separately and "songified" it by fading tracks in an out in the DAW. I thought it might be interesting to see that, so I tried the screen recording feature of QuickTime and it seemed to work pretty well.

Cheers!

nice track, reminds me of pink floyd on some aspects !

nice track, reminds me of pink floyd on some aspects !
-- davebrohl

Thank you! I'd be lying if I said I haven't been pretty heavily influenced by David Gilmour. :-).

Hi TumeniKnobs,

I think I have said this before, but I still don't understand why you are not working for the Holywood filming studios. Great music and overthere in Holywood they must be sleeping, not recognising the great music you are making every time again and again! :-)

Which program on your Mac are you using to do the screen recording?

Keep up the good work and thanks a lot for sharing this with us. Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi TumeniKnobs,

I think I have said this before, but I still don't understand why you are not working for the Holywood filming studios. Great music and overthere in Holywood they must be sleeping, not recognising the great music you are making every time again and again! :-)

Which program on your Mac are you using to do the screen recording?

Keep up the good work and thanks a lot for sharing this with us. Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thank you Garfield for the heavy compliments. What you describe sounds like "work" to me. Then I'd probably end up hating music. That, plus Hollywood is full of flakes, freaks and weirdos - I couldn't work with those folks, nor they with me. :-)

The screen capture was done with QuickTime Player. I only noticed it a couple of weeks ago as an option in the File menu. It was super easy.

Cheers!

Hi TumeniKnobs,

Thank you Garfield for the heavy compliments. What you describe sounds like "work" to me. Then I'd probably end up hating music. That, plus Hollywood is full of flakes, freaks and weirdos - I couldn't work with those folks, nor they with me. :-)

-- TumeniKnobs

Touché! Indeed that's the downside of Hollywood ;-)

Cheers, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads