I am really a fan of the 2hp Pluck. I spent a few hours messing around with it yesterday before I added added anything else to this arrangement. it's surprising to me that something in such a small form factor can be so diverse.

What else do you think pairs well with the Pluck? What else have you used today would feel is shoes?

I do stuff and things and whatnot...

Good stuff.
You could always get the 2hp Bell.
I do find both my Pluck and Bell rather hard to tune with the small knobs.
One thing you can do with the Bell is to throw its some modulation to the Model input and make a nice Ambient background texture into a delay and reverb.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Something nice you can do with the Pluck is to trigger it with slower triggers than the triggers that guide your pitch so the notes change while the decay is still ringing out.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

Good stuff.
You could always get the 2hp Bell.
I do find both my Pluck and Bell rather hard to tune with the small knobs.
One thing you can do with the Bell is to throw its some modulation to the Model input and make a nice Ambient background texture into a delay and reverb.
-- wishbonebrewery

Thanks. Yeah so far I like the 2hp stuff but wish it came in a not 2hp! I have a hard time getting into there once I have a few cv plugged in. I need to go rearrange my rack so there is more space. BUT then I am limited by how deep they are.

I like using the different timing for the trigger and now change. if you set it right you can get a nice glis going on.

I will take a look at the bell. I was just thinking I need a nice bell this morning.

I've got a Rings as well which is better as a main voice but its nice to have the 2hp Pluck & Bell too.

I've got a Rings as well which is better as a main voice but its nice to have the 2hp Pluck & Bell too.
-- wishbonebrewery

I picked up a disting ex and it has a rings implementation. There are so many things on that thing it's difficult to use :). but... Ill check that out.

Yes! This is lovely! The 2HP pluck does indeed sound very very nice. But as WBB says, Rings is also a great option, and I'd guess a lot more playable given the size.

Yeah small knobs big hands is an issue. I usually modulate the damp and decay so not much to do :)

I messed with the ring implementation on my disting ex a bit. it's interesting and ill have to go back and try again.

with 4 note polyphony, Pluck is also a useful source of chords: with Decay high and the output into a closed vca run 3 or 4 fast notes into it (trig/v-oct) and then open the vca with a short a/r envelope either alongside the last trigger (to keep a bit of the pluck sound) or shortly after (for a more classic synth stab) or maybe even a bit of both. 2hp Brst is a good partner module for this.

with 4 note polyphony, Pluck is also a useful source of chords: with Decay high and the output into a closed vca run 3 or 4 fast notes into it (trig/v-oct) and then open the vca with a short a/r envelope either alongside the last trigger (to keep a bit of the pluck sound) or shortly after (for a more classic synth stab) or maybe even a bit of both. 2hp Brst is a good partner module for this.
-- daveHFS

Amazing! I never really thought about that... But now you have me thinking. I just picked up a Mimetic Digitalis and I bet I could do something interesting along those lines. I now have an idea for today's jam session.

To be honest I have not paired with a VCA yet :). I just love the constant ring and morphing you get from the module.

Something I have done is use the Pluck (or other VCO) playing an arpeggio into the Clouds reverb then use a different sequence to play sections of the reverb chord wash. Do a google and search for 'Trance Gates' and find something like this

And this was my take on it

What else do you think pairs well with the Pluck? What else have you used today would feel is shoes?
-- buzzsawddog

Try having several Plucks -- and a Bell, of course! -- receiving triggers and v/oct through the Mystic Circuits'
IDUM with Tree and Leaves. Lots of fun 8'). A twist of the IDUM nob and the variations are very pronounced.

What else do you think pairs well with the Pluck?

anything that can be patched after any other sound source - filters, vcas, delays, reverbs, other resonators etc etc

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Bit of #Jamuary / Patch from Sctatch on the Pluck & Bell