When I created my video Murmuration, I thought: "This patch would totally work as a generative ambient track." So I decided to try it out. I changed a few things in the arrangement, used a lot of modulation, used a different reverb and slowed it down a lot. I really liked the result so I decided to record it and post it on my channel. Please enjoy the music

Raaf

Have you ever heard of murmurations? it's one of the most magical things
I have ever seen in nature. Murmurations are huge groups of starlings
that twist, turn, swoop and swirl across the sky in beautiful shape-shifting clouds. With this patch I wanted to capture in music what I felt when I first saw a murmuration. Enjoy the music!

Raaf

Hi! Low pass gates can make your synths sound so beautiful organic and warm! I recently acquired the Make Noise DXG, a stereo no vactrol low pass gate and I made this jam with it. Do you like Low pass gates? Do let me know! Please enjoy this jam :)

Raaf

Hello! I made a video about the new 1.10 Hermod+firmware update that turns the 16 pads of your Hermod+ into a chromatic keyboard. It's really great! If you own this module you should definitely check this out

Raaf

It's important you challenge yourself musically as a musician. This video is a result of me challenging myself. One of the most defining sound shapers in modular and ambient music is reverb. We like to douse our synth sounds in luscious reverbs to create depth and space. So I thought, what would happen if I force myself to create a patch with no reverb at all. I loved the result so I decided to record it and post it for you to see and hear. Enjoy!

Raaf

Hello!

I released a new video centred around the“cosmic” oscillator Laniakea by Magerit. It’s a cinematic ambient journey into space. Please enjoy :D

Raaf

Today I wanted to record a video with a modular patch and singing. Unfortunately I have a bad cold and lost my voice. So I created a self generative ambient patch. Generative music can be very sooting and meditative, great when you are stressed (or when you have a cold ;) ) Please enjoy!

[]

Raaf

Well done!
-- bopodoq

Thank you bopodoq!

Raaf

Great set....
-- wishbonebrewery

Thank you Wishbonebrewery!

Raaf

Dream come true! I performed my first live set with my modular synth at Paradiso in Amsterdam during Voltage Control Amsterdam. An evening with eight modular performances in one of the most beautiful concert venues of the Netherlands

It was a magical moment for me where a lot of things I have been doing in my music and theatre career came together in a wonderful mashup of storytelling and modular synth music. Please enjoy and do let me know what you think of my first liveset. Many thanks go out to Bart and Voltage Control Amsterdam for having me perform.

[]

Raaf

Hello! At the 21st of january I am performing at Voltage Control Amsterdamin at Paradiso. So the next two weeks Im in rehearsal mode. I thought it would be fun to take you with me in the process of creating the performance. Enjoy the music!

Raaf

Hi!

This is a short video about the amazing Sealegs module by intellijel. People are wandering why its called Sealegs….. More videos on Sealegs will be online soon on my YouTube channel, enjoy!

Raaf

Thank you for that amazing reply...... you are so right! I think this is exactly what I will be doing, because I love the softer side of my music a little bit more than the rougher side. Oh and yes, musicians need to be free and be able to explore. Very wise words and they are apreciated!

Raaf

My new video is online and the music is quite different than my previous video’s. It’s a modular techno track. I also have a question about that which I would love for you to answer. I talk about it in the beginning of the video. Please let me know what you think! Have a great day and if you like what you see and hear could you please like the video and subscribe to my channel? Thank you so much!

Raaf

Raaf

Hello! My new video is online. As kid growing up in the 90's I loved playing videogames, especially rpg's like Zelda and Final Fantasy. This jam is a hommage to that music that is instilled in my heart and mind. I wrote my own " 90’s video game tune." I used the amazing Hermod+ module by Squarp Instruments to sequence my entire modular system.

Please enjoy and could you maybe like this video and subscribe to my channel if you enjoy what you hear and see? It really helps me to create more videos like this. Have a great day!

Raaf

Hi everyone,

Hope you are doing well and are happy modulating and creating sounds. I just released my new video on my youtube channel Raaf Modular. I would love for you to watch and listen to it. If you like what you hear and see please concider to leave a comment there, like and subscribe. It helps me to build up my channel. Thank you so much and have a great day/night!

Raaf

Raaf

Hi my new video is online. Recently I bought Rings by mutable instruments so I felt obliged to create a “Rings into clouds” jam with it. Well I don’t have Clouds but I do have Beads and since Beads is the Clouds I thought this would do! Please enjoy and if you like what you hear and see you could consider to like this video, comment and subscribe to my channel. That would greatly help to get my music heard and seen. Thank you so much and have a great time!

Raaf

My new synthvideo is online and this is a special one. In the yogic tradition, in which I was brought up, when someone is nog well we sing this prayer. A dear friend who lives in the beautiful mountains of North Wales is not well at the moment so I wanted to record this prayer for her and for all the people who need healing and a sense of calm at the moment.

Raaf

New video online. This jam is based on a melodic progression I composed on the Mother-32. I added a randomly created bass like melody by Plaits, clocked by Marbles. I used Delays and reverb in my DAW and on the FXaid and played on Hypha by Native Instruments on my midi keyboard. Please enjoy!

Raaf

My friend Bart came by for a visit, he is a musician as well and started fiddling around on my DFAM and created this LOFI Piano sound coming from a drum synth, so creative! I had to record a jam with it. It turned into a hypnotic ambient track with a touch of LOFI. I really like it and hope you do too! If so please like and subscribe to my channel!

Raaf

In this ambient jam I wanted to create an underwater world. I created waves with lfo’s and white noise of the Mother-32, sonar sounds with the dfam. Water sounds with beads, the singing of whales with Ripples and movements of bubbles and fish with Plaits. Enjoy!

Raaf

My new jam is online. I used a fieldrecording of jackdaws made by a good friend as the basis and inspiration for this jam. I hope you will enjoy it!

Raaf

My new video is online. It’s a melodic ambient jam. I hope you will enjoy it!

Raaf

My new video is online! It is a jam with some new modules by Mutable Instruments. It starts out as an ambient piece and then in takes you to unexpected places!

There is also a question that I ask especially for the lovers of modular synth video so could you let me know what you think? I would love your feedback and grow as a content creator of modular synth video's. Thank you so much!

Raaf

I'm feeling so excited because I just posted the first video of my new YouTube channel about modular synthesizers and electronic music. Let's inspire each other to create music and add a little bit of beauty to this world! If you like what you see could you like and subscribe? It's my wish to create this wonderful little community on YouTube that loves electronic music! See you there!

Raaf

Raaf

Thank you so much for your feedback everyone! I made some minor changes to the video and its live now on my YouTube channel:

Raaf

Thank you so much for uour encouragemt! Im craating these videos with a lot of love and care so that means a lot! I will look into making the texts a little bit longer so they are easier to read. ❤️

Raaf

Hello!

Hope you are doing great. I am a professional musician with a great love for electronic music. The last year I have been getting into modular synths and I love it so much that I want to dedicate a channel to this where I take you along into my dive into modular synth music. Underneath this text is the first video I have made. Its still hidden on youtube. I wan to release it in a while but I would love for you to watch it and maybe let me know if you like what you see, or not and why. Would love to receive feedback from people who are into modular synth music themselves. Thank you so much. Have a great day!

Raaf

The link to the video:

Raaf