Hi,
Not sure if this is an issue or user error/misunderstanding.
I also understand that Batumi is analog... Maybe this explains it all :)
Here is the "problem":
I have 2 patterns for my kick module.
One is coming from a sequencer and the other is coming from Batumi in divide mode, clocked from my case.
Clock is sent to sync/reset input 4.
When I switch from the sequencer pattern to the Batumi pattern (divide by 8 on the 4th output in square mode), sometimes Batumi is not giving me the expected result, ie the sequence falls on 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3.
Sometimes the solution is to cycle through the 4 Batumi modes until getting back to divide mode.
This does not work all the time though.
Any idea what is going on?
Should I use the reset option instead of the sync option?
The reset sync is on the sync position (through poti) and the clock is plugged in the reset/sync input.

I guess if you divide a steady 4/4 beat batumi doesn't know what your first beat of the four is. It should work if you switch Poti to "reset" and flick it to "sync" in the right moment. No? Could that be the issue?

Oh, also Batumi is not analog, it's a fully digital LFO.

Thanks for your post :)
That goes to show how much I know my modules :)
I am looking at it right now and will get back.

Hah, no worries! I hope we figure it out. The Batumi is one of my favourite modules.

If you don't already have it I can highly recommend the "INDIVIDUAL WAVEBANK” firmware. Having additional stepped/slewed random is just so good.

I have no idea how to change FW on Batumi.
Do you mind going through some explanations or is it too much to ask?
I have not found so many resources apart from a few tutorials on YT.
The Reset/Sync thing is not working as expected though...

Easy! You check this site and decide if it is for you or not / download the firmware. Then you unplug your Batumi from Europower and plug it via USB to your PC. Start the "XAOC Firmware Update Tool Win". It should automatically find your connected Batumi (Power from USB, not the Eurorack Power) here you can select which FW you want. This one is called "batumi-iw-v1.0.bin". Select it and upload it to your module.

It just adds extra shapes to your assign out jack. Just press the select button on the batumi for 2 seconds. If you press it shorter you have a "Zoom mode" with attenuation, phase etc. But after a 2 seconds press (all LED flashing briefly) you can select four different types of random slew/stepped for each of the four LFOs with the sliders. Short press on the select button again and you are back to normal with the selected mode on your assign out. Pressing select for 4 seconds sets all LFOs back to standard operation (all LED flashing wild). It's really easy but adds so much.

Took me one or two sessions to familiarize it but I will definitely keep this FW.

Can you describe your issue a bit better? What exactly is the issue? I still think that it has to do with batumi not knowing which of your triggers/clocks is the first one to start the bar. You need to find a way to give the LFO the chance to get that first beat. Then it can sync to that speed.

Which site?

Hey :)
Thanks for offering to help.
I am troubleshooting the issue since yesterday.
As described in an earlier post:
I have 2 patterns for my kick module.
One is coming from a sequencer and the other is coming from Batumi in divide mode (input 2), clocked on every beat (4/4) from my case. The same clock is also sent to sync/reset input 2.
When I switch from the sequencer pattern to the Batumi pattern (2nd output in square mode), sometimes Batumi is not giving me the expected result, ie the sequence falls on 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3.
Sometimes the solution is to cycle through the 4 Batumi modes until getting back to divide mode.
Also, based on your post, I tried to switch from Sync to Reset (with Poti) and it seems to work but takes various attempts.

Can you describe your issue a bit better? What exactly is the issue? I still think that it has to do with batumi not knowing which of your triggers/clocks is the first one to start the bar. You need to find a way to give the LFO the chance to get that first beat. Then it can sync to that speed.
-- SLFE

I really can't describe it any better than above. Maybe this makes my point clear:

Thanks again for the heads up :) Muchh appreciated.
That is exactly what I am doing :)
Though it takes (not always) Batumi some time to sync properly and correct te offset.