Thread: Last 8 Hp

I have already tried Zadar in a music shop in connection with different oscillators. The module is a lot of fun. For simple modulation I've always used Ochd and Maths. If I decide to buy Zadar I am considering taking Maths out of my case. Except for modulation, I actually use maths as an attenuator or simpler things. I still have Samara for these functions. I know that maths is the module for many but just because it's very common doesn't mean it's for everyone. I think that's the nice thing about Eurorack. If I notice over time that I'm missing a function that Maths can do, I still have space for modules that replace it. Does anyone have experience with Noise engineering´s Pons Asinorum compared to zadar?

Thank you for the nice suggestions. I also think that the last module choice will come automatically if I'm missing features for my needs in the rack

I'm already very happy with my setup. I mainly control my system with Marbles and Bloom and have a lot of fun with it. But I would like to get more into self-generated patching. Maybe a utility module?

Hello, how would you fill the last 8 hp of my case?

ModularGrid Rack

Hello,
does anyone have any experience with the Xaoc Samara II?
Would a combination of MI Shades and Kinks be better?
Thanks

Thank`s for your answer. The modwiggler source is incredible and worth a lot. I don't intend to build my system limited to 62hp. I'm only interested in what's possible in this small space. Or if someone, for example, uses the pallete next to the main case as a travel case.

I have all modules except the 1u modules in my rack
+ Marbles, Plaits, Ripples, Rings, Samara II, Döpfer Quad VCA, Döpfer Narrow Mixer, Yarns, Disting MK4, ALM019 out

And yes, your reply was interesting ;)

Hello, everyone,

I would like to start a thread dealing with the 62hp Palette from Intellijel.

The main module in the system should be Morphagene. All other modules should be based on it.
The basic idea for my rack is Morphagene as the first sound source. Tides V2 is the second sound source as an oscillator for atmospheric backings or for modulation. The 4 outputs can be modulated with Ochd via the two VCAs. Beads and FX Aid for the effects section and ears as input for external sound sources. Pamela's NEW Workout for clock and modulation

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1947169.jpg

What would your setup look like around Morphagene in the 62 hp range or what would you change?

I look forward to interesting answers

I mean that I can store my own synth samples on the sampler (wav, aiff, etc.) that I can control and play via an external keyboard

Hello everyone,
I'm currently looking for a sampler for specific purposes. I like to use field recordings to give a song a certain surface. These are usually around 5 minutes long. The sampler should therefore have no problem with long samples. I would also like to store my own synth engines on it and control them via CV/gate. A granular function is not important to me. I think Morphagene also has a lot of potential but the recording time is limited. I've only read good things about Squid Sample but unfortunately too short with 11s recording time. The only module I found is the 1010 Bitbox micro. Are there any other alternatives?

Hello,

i tried to play a midi file in mode J3 from the sd card but unfortunately i don't hear any sounds. It can't be the SD card because the wav playback works. I exported the midi file via ableton live as usual. The files are on the SD card and not in a folder

Textfile Name: midi-playlist-free.txt

disting playlist v1
melody01.mid

can someone tell me what's wrong?

Thread: Ambient Rack

In fact, I tried to build many functions for different patches or applications into the case. It will primarily be used at home, for experimentation or to learn basic modular things. I'm sure that in the learning process, some modules will be exchanged for others. I think that's unavoidable and probably normal in this way of making music. I chose the limitation to this size because I already own the case and I think that there is no module in the plan that I could not use when switching to a larger case in the future because in my opinion there are not really special or only are application-oriented modules in the plan

Thanks, now the application has definitely become a lot clearer to me. It's very interesting how a quantizer is used in the different racks

Hello, I have changed my rack again based on your recommendations and tips

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1882845.jpg

Hello,

i have a question about using a quad quantizer. I understand that you can set a scale for four different inputs. Let's assume that I have four different sequences and I use the quantizer to transpose them to the same scale. But that doesn't automatically mean that all the tones fit together when the four sequences are running. Maybe I don't quite understand the exact scope.
How do you use a quad quantizer in your setup?

Wow, thanks a lot for the effort. That looks to me like a setup with a lot of possibilities. The miso seems like a simple useful module. Could you give me an application example? I can use it to sum modulation sources, invert them, etc. Is that correct? I didn't know about the stasis leak. Does anyone have experience with it? In terms of usability and audio quality? I'm just wondering if morphagene and beads make sense together in the final state. Beads has a nice reverb and can also be used as a delay. The granular possibilities are also very interesting from what I've seen so far. Couldn't Morphagene and Stasis Leak replace Beads?

Thank you for the answers. I will deal with utility modules a bit more and see what I really need or not

Thanks for the helpful tips and information

@Wiktorian
I've been thinking about jack converters or about a send and return module. I only know the knob.farm ferry. Unfortunately, this is not available for known reasons. Are there others with the same function?

@JimHowell1970
What do you mean with underpowered rack wart?
Maybe I'll start with Hermod first. The LFO, Random, Scale and Sequencer functions seem very useful when playing with the guitar.
Which utility modules do you think would be important? A clock divider seems extremely useful to me. An attenuator could also be an advantage for the high levels in the rack.
As a CV function generator, i have planned maths that I want to learn down to the smallest detail and then see what else I need

I saw a lot of racks with ornament and crime on modulargrid. Especially in small racks. The many functions, especially in the area of ​​CV modulation, are very impressive. But the module seems to me complicated, especially at the beginning

Hello,

maybe you could give me feedback on my planned system. I plan to go in the ambient direction. Other instruments used are guitar and bass with effect pedals. Plaits and Rings shall be the main voices. The melodies are said to come from Marbles and Hermod. The loop module is primarily intended to serve as a looper for a background bass guitar voice. In morphagene I want to record guitar sounds and then manipulate them. Milky Way and Beads for the effects section and Maths for many other functions.

What would you exchange or what is missing in principle?

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1867104.jpg?1648448989

Thanks for the link. These features of the firmware sound very good.
I would be interested in how others from the forum build their rack if they want to play it completely live. Do you have a central module with which you control your system or do you have ready-made SEQUENCES? For example, melody, bass and drums? Before I invest in various modules, it is important for me to have a concrete plan for what I want to do. I think randomes is very interesting, but I also want to be able to implement specific ideas

Hello, everyone,

I have a question about the different types of euroracks or how you set up your racks. I have a guitar background and have played in different bands. I have always been very enthusiastic about experimenting with effects pedals and different sounds. The entry into the modular system has always been a great wish of mine. I am currently playing with Mi Marbles, various oscillators and effects. Often I sit there for an hour and build a song on which steadily rises and varies. It's a lot of fun and you get to know the functions of the individual modules more and more.
Now to my real problem. When I play with other people, of course, my approach doesn't work. I would like to jam to songs or loops. To do this, of course, I need full control over my system. For example, when which tones come. Would intellijel scales be an option in combination with marbles? Or are there other modules that can control my system or a patch? Sequencers are a great thing, but I only want to program things to a limited extent beforehand. I would like to control everything only with modules,without an external controller.
The system should serve as an instrument rather than a workstation.

I hope I was able to explain my problem well and I am grateful for all answers

By the way sorry for my bad English

I would also go with Plaits or the Erica Pico Synths Modules