It can be if you're manually dragging the modules. But the other mode is quick and works like you'd want here. Hover the cursor over a module, then hit either "," or "." to move it left or right respectively. Even if you have a pile of little stuff in a row, this can be dealt with in seconds by using those shortcuts.

-- Lugia

That's awesome. Those shortcuts should be added to the help page with the other keyboard shortcuts: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/2

A 'slide' mode would be great. If I'm swapping out a 2hp module for a 3hp module, having to manually move every module down 1hp is really fiddly. It would be great if I could enable 'slide mode', and the modules already in the rack are 'locked', but I can slide them around and the modules 'push' eachother. Kinda like I do when I'm laying out my rack in real life before I plug/screw anything in.

It would be cool to sort or filter the 'My Modules' page based on which modules aren't in the current rack. Easier than hunting your list for modules that don't have the green number badge..